RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone is going to be getting the RAM 1500 Diesel strictly because of the "coolness factor" and not really needing it to do any light duty? In my case I don't have a toy hauler or need to haul anything around for work. I just like the 1500 because it's bad arse. The largest thing I will be hauling around is my dog and maybe some new furniture :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Buying for utility, being able to carry stuff and fuel economy.. Hopefully not hauling air all the time but I am planning on a fixer upper job in my basment later this year.

Not to mention bad ass looking truck!

Here I am bringing up a year old post!!! *ashamed* forgot I was using the search option!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just for the simple reason of buying it and lifting it 6in, and just riding it. Will not be anything but the fuel economy only and the coolness factor.

·
Registered
391 Posts
bought it because its "cool" i guess. have always owned diesel's for the last 12 years or so. Kinda miss my 2500, but this one keeps impressing me. so we shall see. so far itll tow my car trailer no problem. going to see about how it does with the enclosed soon.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bought mine for the fuel efficiency. Just so happened the half ton diesel's came out the year I was planning on buying new. I travel all over the state for work, and needed a truck in the household. Besides a couple dirtbikes in the back on the weekends, I don't have anything to haul/pull.

·
Registered
246 Posts
New member here...been a Chrysler guy forever, kept a close eye on the ecodiesel due to needing to tow a boat regularly and my jeep was really kicking me in the nuts in terms of fuel economy plus daily 60 mile commute to work.
Holly crap was I impressed when the f250 guy stopped me at the traffic light and couldn't believe how cool it was to have a half-ton diesel. He had never heard of it.

The ultimate cool factor is when the tundra guy at work wanted to go get one....

So to answer the OP, I bought it for commute and weekend towing and got the cool factor as an added upgrade!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
New member here...been a Chrysler guy forever, kept a close eye on the ecodiesel due to needing to tow a boat regularly and my jeep was really kicking me in the nuts in terms of fuel economy plus daily 60 mile commute to work.
Holly crap was I impressed when the f250 guy stopped me at the traffic light and couldn't believe how cool it was to have a half-ton diesel. He had never heard of it.

The ultimate cool factor is when the tundra guy at work wanted to go get one....

So to answer the OP, I bought it for commute and weekend towing and got the cool factor as an added upgrade!!!
tundra guy should maybe wait till next yr when they come out with there diesel. they are getting the 5 liter cummins...or is that in 2016

·
Registered
211 Posts
heck, they with the rating they give the tundra now, might as well get the 3/4 ton...

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had a 2013 hemi and loved the truck but the mpg were less then great. So I got pretty much the same truck with a diesel engine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sold my lifted jeep on 35's that averaged 20-24 l/100km (12-14mpg). I was fed up with getting into the Jeep every time and planning my next fuel stop. My Ram ED is mostly a DD and often times it'll be used to haul tools when I need to work on my semi or trailers. Got it 2 days ago and have only put 50kms on her. Can't wait to go for a ride

1 - 12 of 12 Posts