RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much are you guys (or gals) able to get off MRSP on the new RAM 1500 Diesel? I wonder if there are going to be any incentives right off the bat for these trucks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am hoping they keep the same incentives as other 2014 RAMs(less 8500.00 off MSRP)especially since its a 4500.00 upgrade.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hope I can wait for the diesel. It looks like the same truck(Laramie) with a Hemi could be $10k less because of the ability to deal and incentives on the Hemi. I really want the diesel but that's a lot of $. Not to mention that gas is .30-.40 less per gallon.:(

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dealer has my build sheet and are waiting for orders to open. They gave me 3% above cost plus 8500 off and 1500 current truck owner discount. Truck price was $47 000 before discounts. After discounts was $34 000. He figured in $6500 for ecodiesel. They think the 4500 that was on the dodge site will be changed to a higher number when orders open. When orders open he will add the ecodiesel and hit the order button. They also told me that if better incentives come along before truck arrives I can lock them. Example would be lower financing comes out as a Christmas special I can lock it in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also the incentives will be the same. The engine is an option. The truck is not different. Currently the incentives are the same on V6 and hemi.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I will be getting preferred pricing due to working with the railroad. Who knows, when I order, my ram may be in my train.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I talked again with my internet sales/ fleet sales guy. He still says $500 over MSRP on the diesel, maybe more... About $8500 off of a Hemi. Incentives are not on all models(supply and demand)That is not what I wanted to hear. I hate to settle for a Hemi then find out that you guys got the 3.0 ED for a good price. BTW, my brother in S. Carolina said that gas is $3.00 and diesel is holding at $4.00.Wow. :( Don't get me wrong. I really want this 3.0 to work for me...

·
Registered
89 Posts
That does not sound right. The engine is an option not a model. Maybe things are different here in canada. The incentives right now are for the model. It does not matter if the engine is the 6 or 8 gasser. I am not sure how your dealer can remove an incentive because of the engine you picked. That's like removing the incentives because you want the red paint. If they want big money for these trucks they will only make the diesel an option on the top 2 models. Same thing they are doing with the cherokee. My dealer has my order sheet ready to submit and I got $8500 plus $1500 for current truck owner plus 3% above cost firefighter discount. Workers out to about $13 000 off msrp. Again might be different in canada. Our prices are about $10 000 higher then US prices. That's why we get large incentives right now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm looking at about $51k for a loaded 4x4 crew cab Laramie with the diesel. About $8-10K less for Hemi. This is in California( the other CA)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine is a SLT 4x4 quad cab with diesel and $3000 in options. $35 000. They added $6500 for diesel because Canadian pricing is not in yet. Will probably be $5700 over V6. Your truck is $62 350 with a hemi in canada. I just priced it to see. If you can get it for 51k with the diesel or close to that it is a deal. Would be about $68 000 with diesel here. About $58 000 after incentives.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dad just bought a 2013 2500 Laramie 4x4 loaded. Msrp $72 476. Our vehicles are way over priced up here. If for some reason the incentives disappear with ecodiesel they can keep their trucks. I will wait for a gm diesel. I get their vehicles at cost thru my brother in law.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I am a newby, CGP. I live in Hawaii, where they love to add on "market value" to all cars. I never pay that, and inquired about a Grand Cherokee with the same Ecodiesel. They will sell me the GC for $1,000 under MSRP, and a 90 wait for ordering, because there are not any here yet. I was pleased to see they would go under MSRP. Next week I am going to inquire about the Ram. I am one hour from a dealer.
Today I realized you could get the diesel in the Ram, which is what I would rather have, then I can sell my Tacoma. Tacoma's are gold here, and easy to sell for lots of $$. I have had four Toyota's, and was wondering if anyone out there has a '13 or '14 Laramie gasser. Is the coil spring nicer than the comps. leaf springs, and are they as quiet as advertised? My only experience with Dodge is my son's 8 year old Cummings, which he loves, but as you all know, that's a different league. It appears as though Dodge has really stepped up to the plate, especially with Fiat's global experience, and diesel building.

Aloha, CGP

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi, I am a newby, CGP. I live in Hawaii, where they love to add on "market value" to all cars. I never pay that, and inquired about a Grand Cherokee with the same Ecodiesel. They will sell me the GC for $1,000 under MSRP, and a 90 wait for ordering, because there are not any here yet. I was pleased to see they would go under MSRP. Next week I am going to inquire about the Ram. I am one hour from a dealer.
Today I realized you could get the diesel in the Ram, which is what I would rather have, then I can sell my Tacoma. Tacoma's are gold here, and easy to sell for lots of $$. I have had four Toyota's, and was wondering if anyone out there has a '13 or '14 Laramie gasser. Is the coil spring nicer than the comps. leaf springs, and are they as quiet as advertised? My only experience with Dodge is my son's 8 year old Cummings, which he loves, but as you all know, that's a different league. It appears as though Dodge has really stepped up to the plate, especially with Fiat's global experience, and diesel building.

Aloha, CGP
Test drive a Ram 1500 and see how you like it. I test drove the latest Tacoma and then a Ram and my impression was that everything about the Ram was nicer: comfort, ride, performance, quality, amenities. I know that people love their Tacos but they seem long overdue for a makeover.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Ram website has the Ecodiesel as a $2,850 upgrade, when you "build your own". The Grand Cherokee is a $4,500 upgrade.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my "Taco" too, but the Ram Laramie Ecodiesel would replace a nice Lexus sedan that gets 22mpg, and the Tacoma. That's a win win for me !

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love my "Taco" too, but the Ram Laramie Ecodiesel would replace a nice Lexus sedan that gets 22mpg, and the Tacoma. That's a win win for me !
I am in the exact same boast as you. I have a 2007 toyota tacoma and patiently waiting for the ecodiesel because if i get a laramie limited it replaces my truck and a very nice daily driver.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts