RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I typically use Cars.com and autotrader when looking for used 1500's for sale. I'm only interested in buying a crew cab but neither autotrader nor cars.com allows you to filter out the quad cabs. Kinda frustrating. Anyone know of a solution to this?

·
Super Moderator
3,134 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
https://www.ramtrucks.com/new-inventory.ram_1500.2018.html?modelYearCode=IUT201813&radius=100

Just change to your zip code. I believe Ram cranked out 2018s into December so lots still available nationwide.

I set the search criteria on ED & CC to 150 miles of my zip. A nationwide inventory search can be done by a local dealer.

EDIT That link didn't keep the settings so select cab & powertrain and you might have to bump it to 150 miles also.
That's immensely disappointing. Their website used to allow a max distance of "any." That's the only way I found my truck in 2015...narrowed the search criteria as much as I could, sorted by distance, then clicked on the window sticker for each one to get actual hard data on its build info (because I cant trust dealer websites), until I found an exact match what I was looking for - over 600 miles away.
I just checked and now it's limited to 150 miles Guess I'll never be able to do that again (even though I don't see myself buying another truck anytime soon).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
https://www.ramtrucks.com/new-inventory.ram_1500.2018.html?modelYearCode=IUT201813&radius=100

Just change to your zip code. I believe Ram cranked out 2018s into December so lots still available nationwide.

I set the search criteria on ED & CC to 150 miles of my zip. A nationwide inventory search can be done by a local dealer.

EDIT That link didn't keep the settings so select cab & powertrain and you might have to bump it to 150 miles also.
That website is only for new trucks. I should have been more specific. I'm looking for used.

·
Super Moderator
3,134 Posts
Food for thought the 100k powertrain warranty is worth something here. Brand new ED with 8 foot bed only two within 150 miles of me both $28,490. Find one used at a significantly lower price with a decent amount of warranty left might be difficult. Certainly no harm in comparing both options as to what you can find each route.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just now was able to go to autotrader.com and filter specifically on "ANY" distance as well as "Crew" under Truck Cab Size without any issue. I'm not sure why you are having trouble. The problem however is that dealers can make mistakes, or purposefully list inaccurate information so as to steer people to their sites...such as listing a quad cab as a crew, etc. I've also had 2WD's listed as 4WD...ya gotta be careful no matter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts