RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me!! I have a 2020 Ram Ecodiesel (North edition) and I upgraded the light bulbs to the HR lights and they are super bright, so now I have other cars flashing me all the time. I can't seem to find how to adjust the headlight (unsure if it can be done) for this model truck? I took it to the dealer and they said no adjustment was needed, but I truly believe they didn't want to do anything for me. I walked by the truck and the guy was smoking a cig and looking up stuff on the computer as he talked to someone else laughing and all. I don't believe he wanted to mess with it and help adjust the lights.

Thank you!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Any chance you can just reinstall the regular lo-beams?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the fast response! I have thought about it. The only problem is I hate the stock light bulbs. I think if I can adjust the headlights would solve the issue for sure and will allow me to see the road better at night.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
you saying there are no holes , arrow , or access to adjust like previous model years ???
like described in here :

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s correct. This model for some reason doesn’t show the arrows indicators to adjust the lights. It’s been driving me crazy and I can’t seem to find anything on it.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
you might have to go thru the square hole in the inner fender to
remove the big lamp and see how it sits in there , so you can shim
the big lamp for desired effect , or maybe you'll find something to
share with other 2020 owners ...
this video shows how to remove the headlight , BUT , for previous model years ,
don't know if the 2020 will be the same ..
replacement step by step video :

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s great info! Actually, HR website have multiple videos on how to replace the headlights step by step for the 2020 models if you were to replace the headlights housing with after market. I wish I could find a diagram on the stock headlights but haven’t been very lucky.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Images of the back of the headlight housing on previous years .
the locking tab , reached by the hole in the fender, is at top ( square ) ,
then lower there is a pin that lines up in another part in the fender ,
I suspect that it is that part that moves to align / adjust the headlight .
only by going in there would you find a way to get results .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I agree with you! The best idea is to move forward with taking the light out and get a good overall look, but I was hoping this would just be a screw adjustment and safe me from taking everything apart. Unsure why RAM made these changes on this model knowing most people that own a RAM truck, will do a lift or a level and they will have this problem either way with or without changing the light bulbs. Ha! anyway, thank you for sharing the pictures and for your reply. I will continue the research and stop by another place near home to see if they can guide me in the right direction before pulling anything apart. Thanks again!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Say what? I have a 2020 North Edition and I put GTR Lighting Ultra 2 LED bulbs in mine that I got from Headlight Revolution. I took the truck out to a peaceful stretch of road with no traffic and adjusted the beams quickly using a 6mm hex socket, extension, and ratchet just like all the other trucks FCA sells. Took 3 minutes. Super bright lights with zero people flashing me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you pop the hood and look straight down on top of the headlight housing, you'll see it. It's white in color, and accepts a 6mm hex socket. Can't miss it. The driver side is a cake walk to reach, on the passenger side you'll want a long extension to slide down between the hoses running there.

Reactions: KNGSNK11

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you pop the hood and look straight down on top of the headlight housing, you'll see it. It's white in color, and accepts a 6mm hex socket. Can't miss it. The driver side is a cake walk to reach, on the passenger side you'll want a long extension to slide down between the hoses running there.
Thank you!! I will adjust tonight! Thank you all that responded to my concern! Thank you again!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts