RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,503 Posts
Looks like a nice comfy street bike. I'd have to get a backrest & rack and take the Roamer. Wouldn't seem right to leave her home when going to a Guzzi rally. Lol bet its a lot different than any Harley rally.
Too late. No backrest and rack available right now. Taking the Harley. This Goose is also more like the size of a Triumph or BSA twin. Perfect for my background. Pam thinks it is way too tiny and bouncy. Already spend mega hundreds building up the seat. Been dealing with suspension changes also. She HATES it. Simple as that.

Even drilled out the internal baffles as she complained it wounded like an electric sewing machine. There is no substitute for that Harley sound of my old Fatboy.

Truck is ready to start pulling the toy hauler. Time to use the diesel car for what it is intended to do.

·
Super Moderator
4,024 Posts
Yep the EVO sounded better than the TCs sounds better than the M8s. Even with more cam & compression and an aftermarket pipe the M8 doesn't have the idle of just even the potato potato potato. But it sounds good going through the gears. The M8 is a lot more like the old EVO than the TC. Lol lots in that pic. Fat boy on Fat boy ole blue and soon to be gen 3 ED owner with my Sport Glide on the bed even the dawn of the woo flu. Yep its camping & biking season.

·
Premium Member
14,503 Posts
Understand the reasons for going with a Gen3 Ecodiesel. Two years ago (time flies) when I wanted another truck the Gen 3 had just come out. With no track rrecord and my past experiences with Cummins, I made the decision to go there. If I were doing it today or tomorrow, it would probably be a Gen3 as I tow but not heavy.

Wearing out this Cummins is probably not reasonable in my remaining lifetime. Hope to be around a while and see. For now, I'm packing tomorrow to go riding for a month. It is that time.

·
Super Moderator
4,024 Posts
Yep greatly improved cooling, emissions system, and mo power the new gen ED would tow your trailer well. My folks stopped driving at 92. Believe that gives you some time to try to wear out that Cummins. Great truck I'm sure no regrets. Safe traveling my friend. Pics of Moto Guzzi raleys always welcome.

Did you ever find out who got your old ED? Did you send her on her way with the tune or sell it? Be interesting to see how she fares. Be cool to see it again with 2-300k on her.

Reactions: Fediej and sourdo

·
Premium Member
14,503 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,503 Posts
Just did 500 miles 65-72 mph. 12.2 mpg pulling the little toy hauler.

Kind of a bummer.as I have done better. Oh well

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
And it is also one road we haven't been on yet, so later next month we're going to do it.
I'm on the Northwood RV forum where people discuss taking their Arctic Fox travel trailer/fifth wheel up the Dalton Highway to Deadhorse. There's been a lot of people who have done it. It's on my bucket list. Post your trip experience and some pics!

Reactions: sourdo and 7milesup

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just did 500 miles 65-72 mph. 12.2 mpg pulling the little toy hauler.

Kind of a bummer.as I have done better. Oh well
We just got back from round two at the Kenai River/Russian River Ferry, aka, Sportsman Landing.

I tried to keep my speeds at 60 mph max. It made a little difference but not much. Same windy hilly trip, same load, it all ended up 13.2 mpg hand calculated for the round trip of 320 miles in the end. This is about the same for the last two RV trips before with the new truck. Driving over 65 mph really kills my mileage quickly. But I understand, there are times when you either keep up or piss other people off. 58 mph seems to be the sweet spot for mpg for me. And 13 mpg is what it is when I tow. But it is OK with me. We got there in fine fashion though. I sure like pulling the RV with this 2500 CTD.

And the fishing was pretty good too, yea Cummings on getting us there. In the three mornings of fishing, I caught two fish the first day, two the second, and the third day I caught 4 fish in an hour for a total of 8 nice chrome sockeye. I caught 3 last week on the first trip, so I met my quota of enough fish to smoke up two loads and some to eat. Enough is enough, it can be easy to catch "too many". These are top notch eating.

·
Premium Member
14,503 Posts
Did just another 300 miles and got 11.9 mpg. Unsafe to run below 65 and mostly just around 70 in slow lanes.

Truck parked as we do motorcycle rally and rides. Fun fish to catch, especially if swift current.

Reactions: sourdo

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys are so cool; thanks for sharing all your experiences here. I am a novice in the traveling topic, but I am eager to continue.
I would also like to get a van for traveling because I used to travel on intercity trains before and it was a cool experience. But I want to explore some destinations where trains do not go. A van would also allow me to take my friends with me and have a fun trip with them. I used to travel alone before, and it is a special experience too, but it is always something more when you are not alone. What do you think about that? Which kind of traveling do you prefer?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts