RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
I sure hope everyone has 2xl size lungs, not holding my breath for that one to materialize any time soon. As for a "small number" of complaints, hahahaha. Although we are not in the cold season yet, I'm definitely a fan of plug it in for an hour or two via outdoor timer even around the freezing mark. It makes a noticeable drive ability difference.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My experience is that the power loss is apparent even when warmed up and very noticeable during high torque demand situations.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
My experience is that the power loss is apparent even when warmed up and very noticeable during high torque demand situations.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
This is why I sold mine. My wife told me it lagged on hers after she had been driving all day. If it was only during cold engine temps, I could manage that, but it happening randomly was not cool with me. I know people think it's a joke when we say it's a safety issue about almost getting hit and what not, and I do see the exaggeration in some posts, but my wife forgets these kinds of things because well, she just does, and it's just not worth the risk especially with my son in the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is why I sold mine. My wife told me it lagged on hers after she had been driving all day. If it was only during cold engine temps, I could manage that, but it happening randomly was not cool with me. I know people think it's a joke when we say it's a safety issue about almost getting hit and what not, and I do see the exaggeration in some posts, but my wife forgets these kinds of things because well, she just does, and it's just not worth the risk especially with my son in the car.
You've stated what too is my issue. When the truck is cold, the lag is dangerous. I push the pedal as I would normally... Then the truck doesn't move as it should. I'm not expecting a muscle car launch... I'm expecting my 3.0 turbo to move my beast. Once my truck has warmed the lag is gone.

STKR

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
From the video testing of the new Ecodiesel proposed for 2020 I have seen testers looking for that issue. Must be a reason to look for something that should be a non-issue. If the new motors do not have a lag there should be a way to program the older ones, satisfy emissions requirements and perform normally.

Has the EPA certified the 2020 Gen 3 Ecodiesel yet?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Once I saw the post that they were looking for a fix based on "a small number" of customers that complained, I called the AEM phone line and told them to add my name to the list of customers that are experiencing this issue. I figure if everyone who has the issue calls in they will realize it's not "a small number" and hopefully they'll fix it faster

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yup add me to that list too. I called as well. Dont call the service dept. They dont care nor do tjey know anything. They said unless they have a check engine light. Theres nothing they can do. But they know a out it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If FCA has a lick of sense, they’ll roll out a fix for the really poor cold performance, BEFORE serious winter hits the northern half of the nation and before folks ‘meet’ neighbors and other commuters up close b/c of the cold motor lag.

Get a couple really bad accidents in the news, and drivers complain about how the truck has performed ‘ever since FCA’s AEM’ and it’ll be trouble far worse than emissions violations. “Fix that was claimed to not effect performance or mileage is linked to the recent accidents with FCAs EcoDiesel trucks .... Lawyer feeding fest for all the harm suits.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hi: All... I always wanted to be a part of a "Small number". Doesn't matter how I die...t I can't get to a small number, or should that be into a small number. I always LAG when I'm cold but I expect it and plan accordingly!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts