RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I am a newbie, got a 2015 Ram ecodiesel 3.0 lts with just over 200k kms.

This is mainly for Albertans/Canadians.
How many of you are out there?
How do you care for it, summer,/winter?
City or highway?
Problems?
But please, anybody who owns one, a help will be appreciated

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome, lots of good info here and everybody is very helpful. Do some reading and it's likely you will find your questions have already been answered in various threads. Also, tell us more about your truck, trim level, features (what cab, bed length, 2wd or 4x4), etc.

I can't speak for the Canadians, but care is mostly regular maintenance (oil change, fuel filter, etc.) check into fuel additives (some use them, some don't), make sure to keep and eye on your coolant level, and check if the EGR recall has been done (I'm not sure if it applies in Canada). Winter is mostly, use the grill cover and plug in the block heater. look into aftermarket tunes, there are a few good ones out there that get great reviews.

All vehicles have problems and the EcoD has it's share. Some people have more trouble than others, and most of the time the biggest gripes are with dealers and FCA, not the truck specifically. Also, forums like this are a hotbed for people coming to complain about their vehicles, so take everything with a grain of salt.

but as I said before, do some reading on your own and you're likely to find all the answers you ever wanted and more! I have lost hours going down some of these rabbit holes :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, lots of good info here and everybody is very helpful. Do some reading and it's likely you will find your questions have already been answered in various threads. Also, tell us more about your truck, trim level, features (what cab, bed length, 2wd or 4x4), etc.

I can't speak for the Canadians, but care is mostly regular maintenance (oil change, fuel filter, etc.) check into fuel additives (some use them, some don't), make sure to keep and eye on your coolant level, and check if the EGR recall has been done (I'm not sure if it applies in Canada). Winter is mostly, use the grill cover and plug in the block heater. look into aftermarket tunes, there are a few good ones out there that get great reviews.

All vehicles have problems and the EcoD has it's share. Some people have more trouble than others, and most of the time the biggest gripes are with dealers and FCA, not the truck specifically. Also, forums like this are a hotbed for people coming to complain about their vehicles, so take everything with a grain of salt.

but as I said before, do some reading on your own and you're likely to find all the answers you ever wanted and more! I have lost hours going down some of these rabbit holes :)
Thanks so much for your reply.
It's an SLT, crewcab, short bed. I am waiting for Dodge to sent me the letter to get the recall done, I have been checking the coolant level and I refilled it with their product as it was low. (which cost me $48 CDN, holy crap haha) everything else seems to be working fine.
I have read a lot about its problems that sometimes I wish I hadn't bought it haha. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts