RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage 2 Delete, CCS Tuned, Timbren bump stops, Straight Pipe
253 Posts
Even the chance of having an air issue in the temperatures we get is a risk I wouldn't be willing to take. The small gains of having an air suspension doesn't out weight the risks for me. My timbrens on rear and bilstein 5100's on front gives me a nice level stance empty and a small squat when towing which is fine.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My air suspension did freeze two winters ago driving from Calgary to Edmonton in -30c. Had to put it in a heated garage to thaw out. This is not a closed loop system. There is a intake and out take filter behind passenger tail light. I added some air brake antifreeze in intake and had not had a problem last winter. It is part of my fall maintenance program to add some in fall.
I have used tons of Air Brake antifreeze in very hostile environments -40 to -50 deg C once that stuff works it's way through the system your Golden forget about anything freezing up. I think Air Brake antifreeze could be the Silver bullet for the air suspension guys. Air brake antifreeze also has conditioners to keep seals orings ect soft and pliable Do Not Use pure Methylhydrate it will damage seals o'rings ect no question.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in between Edmonton and Calgary. Only had my EcoD for few months but so far love it.

When I got it the previous owner did the DEF delete and tune. Since then I've done the EGR stage 2 delete, got rid of the muffler and resonators and got rid of the intake baffles. Plan on getting it retuned soon. I really want to GDE but our exchange rate is horrific. Looking at using CCS in Leduc as it's more affordable and local. I know lots of Cummins guys who have went there and great reviews.

Also installed a B&W 16k non slider 5th wheel hitch for my 27ft okanagan and timbrens for rear suspension. Pulls it like a dream. On flat or small inclines I get same mileage as my 5.7 hemi was getting empty.
Sorry for dragging this thread up again, but I haven't been on for a while. Noticing that you're in central Alberta, you might want to talk to the guys at Lightspeed Engineering in Red Deer; they do EcoD tuning as well. I knew of them from my days with a turbo 350Z, and they had a good rep as tuners. Might be worth checking out when they're that close by.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage 2 Delete, CCS Tuned, Timbren bump stops, Straight Pipe
253 Posts
I actually know Cam at Lightspeed fairly well. He tuned a few of my gas vehicles previously. He just recently got a quality Diesel tuner (Maybe a year now?) so it would be another option for sure but CCS in Leduc has been tuning the EcoD since 2015ish. If I ever have issues with CCS I will definitely talk to Lightspeed next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.

I am a newbie, got a 2015 Ram ecodiesel 3.0 lts with just over 200k kms.

This is mainly for Albertans/Canadians.
How many of you are out there?
How do you care for it, summer,/winter?
City or highway?
Problems?
But please, anybody who owns one, a help will be appreciated
I have the same vehicle with only half of the mileage as I’m sitting at 104k. No issues with mine to date but I’m just curious as to what issues people are having so that I can keep an eye on mine. I’m seriously considering a dpf egr delete though but not sure if it’s worth doing or not

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the same vehicle with only half of the mileage as I’m sitting at 104k. No issues with mine to date but I’m just curious as to what issues people are having so that I can keep an eye on mine. I’m seriously considering a dpf egr delete though but not sure if it’s worth doing or not
When I bought my EcoD the DPF was already deleted and I was not sure on the EGR stage 2 delete until I pulled the EGR tube for first time. Here was mine EGR tube in my intake. The fact this is going back through the motor is mind blowing more diesels aren't having issues with this crap going back through the intake.
es.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Here's the EGR completed removed (stage 2 delete). You could just do stage 1 which is block off plates but eventually these EGR coolers leak and you will still be dealing with it.

·
Registered
2018 SLT+ Crewcab Ecodiesel
207 Posts
Hi Guys.....I just noticed this thread and thought I should check in. I live in Edmonton and have an '18 SLT ED with about 69KM, all stock with the EGR cooler recall done. I'm really happy with the new to me truck.
I've come from an '09 2500 Cummins that I had zero problems with, but didn't need the harsh ride or pulling power anymore.
I spend a fair amount of time on the road between Edmonton and Calgary going down to visit my wife, and will be pulling a camper trailer as well as a couple of enclosed car-haulers I have in the summer. Mileage has been great compared to the 2500, ranging from a low of 9.1 to about 13 L /100 KM with lots of warmup time in the dead of winter, this is all just empty. The 2500 started at 13 and got worse from there.
I have all the bits and pieces to do a full delete, just waiting for the weather to warm up some, and have decided to use CCS in Leduc for my tune. Anyone out there with a CCS tune that has feed back?
There's not a huge number of ED around locally, so If I see another ED I'll give them a wave.(y)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’m 75km east of Winnipeg.

2015 Big Horn
4x4
275/65R20

Today I have roughly 288,000km.
Gde full delete and trans tune

Issues:

3 way HVAC
3 x CV joints
Brakes all around
Shocks
ABS (broken wire)
Lift pump
Windshield (cracked)
2 cracked oem rims
Gear shifter in cab quit

I’m kinda handy so everything except the gear shifter was done by me and a buddy in my garage.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Guys.....I just noticed this thread and thought I should check in. I live in Edmonton and have an '18 SLT ED with about 69KM, all stock with the EGR cooler recall done. I'm really happy with the new to me truck.
I've come from an '09 2500 Cummins that I had zero problems with, but didn't need the harsh ride or pulling power anymore.
I spend a fair amount of time on the road between Edmonton and Calgary going down to visit my wife, and will be pulling a camper trailer as well as a couple of enclosed car-haulers I have in the summer. Mileage has been great compared to the 2500, ranging from a low of 9.1 to about 13 L /100 KM with lots of warmup time in the dead of winter, this is all just empty. The 2500 started at 13 and got worse from there.
I have all the bits and pieces to do a full delete, just waiting for the weather to warm up some, and have decided to use CCS in Leduc for my tune. Anyone out there with a CCS tune that has feed back?
There's not a huge number of ED around locally, so If I see another ED I'll give them a wave.(y)
I'm CCS tuned and fully EGR and DPF deleted. Engine tune is good, still tweaking the transmission tune. Currently my only issue with my CCS tune is the transmission sometimes doesn't downshift well. Example, merging onto the highway once up to a cruising speed (120km/h) it will sit in say 7th gear and won't upshift to 8th for a long time. I now purposely let off a bit to get it until 8th then slowly get back up to 120 and set cruise.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm CCS tuned and fully EGR and DPF deleted. Engine tune is good, still tweaking the transmission tune. Currently my only issue with my CCS tune is the transmission sometimes doesn't downshift well. Example, merging onto the highway once up to a cruising speed (120km/h) it will sit in say 7th gear and won't upshift to 8th for a long time. I now purposely let off a bit to get it until 8th then slowly get back up to 120 and set cruise.
Are you up a tire size? My truck would do that before I got gde trans tune. I’d have to get it up to 117 to shift to 8th. Not anymore lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
it will sit in say 7th gear and won't upshift to 8th for a long time. I now purposely let off a bit to get it until 8th then slowly get back up to 120 and set cruise.
I have the same issue with my tranny, and it's all stock, and I do the same as you do to get it to upshift. The only time it didn't do that on the highway is when I was getting a nice tailwind.
Are you working along with CCS to fine tune the tranny tune? Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the same issue with my tranny, and it's all stock, and I do the same as you do to get it to upshift. The only time it didn't do that on the highway is when I was getting a nice tailwind.
Are you working along with CCS to fine tune the tranny tune? Keep us posted on your progress.
Yeah I had my last visit just before 2021. Still doing it but they are willing to keep tweaking it just haven't had time and don't use truck much during winter unless I need to pull something. It's primarily used for having my 5th wheel RV or gooseneck flat deck for quads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Rye & Coke! I'm located just north of Edmonton up in Boyle. Curious what shop did your EGR recall? I've been waiting literally over a year with "parts on order" at both Redwater and Cold Lake stealerships. I'd really like to get it done before my warranty is up in June. Reason only being that it should be on record if I ever decide to sell this thing. My next move is a stage 2 delete so hopefully soon. Tired of the run around on this issue!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Rye & Coke! I'm located just north of Edmonton up in Boyle. Curious what shop did your EGR recall? I've been waiting literally over a year with "parts on order" at both Redwater and Cold Lake stealerships. I'd really like to get it done before my warranty is up in June. Reason only being that it should be on record if I ever decide to sell this thing. My next move is a stage 2 delete so hopefully soon. Tired of the run around on this issue!
You will definitely want to just delete the EGR altogether for reliability. The amount of soot they EGR recirculates into your intake is mind blowing. I posted pictures above so you can see.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I got mine done at Capitol Dodge / Jeep in Edmonton. I've had a few dealings with them so far (minor stuff) and had good luck with them.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
You will definitely want to just delete the EGR altogether for reliability. The amount of soot they EGR recirculates into your intake is mind blowing. I posted pictures above so you can see.
Thank you - yes that makes me nervous. I am not mechanical at all so I have a found a shop in Edmonton that will do it all plus completely remove the EGR. I thought about selling the truck, but I've only had minor issues so far. I've only got 70 thou kms on it and simply cannot beat the fuel economy as I do all highway driving with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks so much for your reply.
It's an SLT, crewcab, short bed. I am waiting for Dodge to sent me the letter to get the recall done, I have been checking the coolant level and I refilled it with their product as it was low. (which cost me $48 CDN, holy crap haha) everything else seems to be working fine.
I have read a lot about its problems that sometimes I wish I hadn't bought it haha. Thanks again for your help.
Do not have recall update done! loss of fuel mileage, loss of power , hesitates at the worst time!!!!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts