RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you - yes that makes me nervous. I am not mechanical at all so I have a found a shop in Edmonton that will do it all plus completely remove the EGR. I thought about selling the truck, but I've only had minor issues so far. I've only got 70 thou kms on it and simply cannot beat the fuel economy as I do all highway driving with it.
You definitely have not had the Chrysler update of the computer etc. DON'T DO IT

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Do not have recall update done! loss of fuel mileage, loss of power , hesitates at the worst time!!!!
Yes , that is why we have a tune , i personnaly found no big difference after AEM ( done while getting EGR recall done ) but switched back to my tuned ECM for peace of mind of having the new EGR turned off , a tune would give you back your truck the esy it eas or even bettrer.. unfortunately we have to pay +/- $1500 in Canada for a tune without the luxury of the AEM money they get in the US .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you - yes that makes me nervous. I am not mechanical at all so I have a found a shop in Edmonton that will do it all plus completely remove the EGR. I thought about selling the truck, but I've only had minor issues so far. I've only got 70 thou kms on it and simply cannot beat the fuel economy as I do all highway driving with it.
What shop did you end up going to? I tried to go directly to CCS Tuning but they only offer via dealers now. I'm about to get a tune but intend to keep the EGR and DEF system. I've called Inline Automotive, and OC Diesel. OC Diesel has advised me to go with a delete because not much people have experience with emissions on tuning, plus they are still a point of failure for these vehicles. I haven't inquired about transmission tuning either.

@rustydusty1717 How did you get tuning from CCS done?

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage 2 Delete, CCS Tuned, Timbren bump stops, Straight Pipe
253 Posts
What shop did you end up going to? I tried to go directly to CCS Tuning but they only offer via dealers now. I'm about to get a tune but intend to keep the EGR and DEF system. I've called Inline Automotive, and OC Diesel. OC Diesel has advised me to go with a delete because not much people have experience with emissions on tuning, plus they are still a point of failure for these vehicles. I haven't inquired about transmission tuning either.

@rustydusty1717 How did you get tuning from CCS done?
My opinion is the emissions components are limiting these engines and crippling or burning them up in some cases. I would suggest a full EGR and DEF delete to anyone that can. I was lucky enough to get in with CCS before they went the dealer only route. In all fairness they have tried to fix the turbo surge problem and no luck. I'm just ready to move on. My EcoD Canada (MRTuning) arrives this week. Dealer visit next week to get my ECM and TCM back to factory so I can load my new tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd like to stay on the side of emissions compliance, but you are right. Emissions components on our ecodiesels, and diesels in general are just abhorrent as you say. I've ended up booking appt with Inline Auto to tune, and delete DEF system. I can delete EGR system later, as I just did recalls.

I hope your turbo surge problem gets resolved!

Did your CCS tune include a transmission tune? I asked, but this shop said they do not perform it.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage 2 Delete, CCS Tuned, Timbren bump stops, Straight Pipe
253 Posts
I'd like to stay on the side of emissions compliance, but you are right. Emissions components on our ecodiesels, and diesels in general are just abhorrent as you say. I've ended up booking appt with Inline Auto to tune, and delete DEF system. I can delete EGR system later, as I just did recalls.

I hope your turbo surge problem gets resolved!

Did your CCS tune include a transmission tune? I asked, but this shop said they do not perform it.
Never heard of inline auto but I'm going to assume they're doing like what most ecodiesel tuners are doing and buying their base map file online and making changes from there. I think that's part of the problems even I'm having with CCS as I think they did the same thing. MRTuning has a dyno and appears to actually put in the time to come up with his own tunes.

Yes I had the CCS transmission tune as well. It was okay but unloaded it would rev quite high before shifting. I expect them when towing but completely empty it should shift low rpms especially as a diesel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a shop CCS tuning recommended. Hmm, considering your experiences with CCS I will probably cancel the appt. I don't want to be throwing money around. I just learned about ecodiesel owners of Canada website also. Ty so much for the valuable info.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts