RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
yes, I have had no problems . the fast pump is constantly filtering fuel and dumping it back in tank. they call it polishing the fuel something like 25 GPH.
Did you install it yourself or did you take it somewhere to have it installed?

Reactions: djr

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
@djr, if you can, do you mind posting a few pictures of your pump and how it's mounted to the truck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thoughti i had the same problem with truck shutting off around a 1/4 tank of diesel. But not it has done it with over 3/4 tank. My 2015 Ecodiesel has over 125k on it so warranty is over. Since it is doing it over 3/4 tank. Could it be something else? I just completely serviced the truck not more than 500 miles ago.

Any ideas? Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I thoughti i had the same problem with truck shutting off around a 1/4 tank of diesel. But not it has done it with over 3/4 tank. My 2015 Ecodiesel has over 125k on it so warranty is over. Since it is doing it over 3/4 tank. Could it be something else? I just completely serviced the truck not more than 500 miles ago.

Any ideas? Thank you.
I wouldn’t rule out the lift pump. A hard start at under 1/4 tank is only the first symptom. At some point, the pump will fail completely and it won’t matter how much fuel is in the tank. The lift pump is covered on the extended warranty that can be up to 150K miles. I’d check to make sure before I spent and of my own money on it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn’t rule out the lift pump. A hard start at under 1/4 tank is only the first symptom. At some point, the pump will fail completely and it won’t matter how much fuel is in the tank. The lift pump is covered on the extended warranty that can be up to 150K miles. I’d check to make sure before I spent and of my own money on it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, ill check it out.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts