RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Ram Trucks Facebook page:

Ram Trucks President and CEO Reid Bigland talks all things Ram 1500 EcoDiesel live from the Warren Assembly Plant during our live webchat this Wednesday, 12/4. Ram Truck Event on Livestream

The link directs to a Livestream page for Dec 4 at 11 AM EST (8 AM PST).

What will Bigland's big news be? Post your predictions here!

I think that the CEO will announce that Ram got such a backlash from hardcore truckers on the Eco name that the model will now be called the PiccoloDiesel (Little Diesel in Italian). :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Maybe they're going to push it back and call it a 2015! Sorry... NOT FUNNY! I'm sure we will all be tuned in.

·
Registered
574 Posts
No information was released on availability or anything else useful for those of us waiting to get one. Most of the livecast was devoted to the recognition of the Truck of the Year. In the moderators window at the end, they said to come back to the same feed at 2:00 pm. Not sure if they are going to make further announcements or what.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Anyone catch this event this morning? I missed it :( Will there be a recording we can listen too??
A recording will probably appear somewhere although there is nothing really to see. In a nutshell Motor Trend awarded Truck of the Year to the 2014 Ram 1500 and their rep made a point to praise the EcoDiesel, calling it a game-changer. He noted over 28 mpg for high-speed highway driving in a high-end model. He also thought the 8-speed transmission, air suspension and RamBox are great features, although dwelling on his Thanksgiving liquor in the RamBox seemed a bit gratuitous. The rest of the delayed webcast was devoted to the UAW rep and praise by various heads to the workers who are getting a $500 holiday bonus. No official news on the EcoDiesel. :( They previewed a new commercial about the truck being the first back-to-back winner of Motor Trend's Truck of the Year but noted "best-in-class highway mpg of 25" which is the Pentastar motor; no diesel mentioned. I find it ironic that Motor Trend bases their award on a model that is not even available yet.

There is a 30-minute webchat scheduled for 11 AM PST where I'm sure some people will ask about availability and official ratings. I hope Ram has some answers.

Followup on webchat: Edward Loh (Motor Trend Editor & Chief) and Ried Bigland (Ram President and CEO) with the Ram media person asking questions. The Warren plant running in the background was the most interesting part. Only 15 minutes of the scheduled 30. They repeated the Truck of the Year pats on the back and then answered a few minor questions but avoided all the hard ones. The only new info I heard was that the EcoDiesel is forecast to be only 10% of sales (because of late introduction I was thinking) and official mpg numbers will not be released for a month or two. Disappointing! :(

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I thought that it was kinda lame. I did get to watch it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts