RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
At least the jumping in of two 90 lb Black labs.They(and I)love it.I think it depends on if the object is big,like a box to spead the weight over a bigger area.The back area is supported by the cargo bins under it.Only the front area over the fold down legs would be weaker but still seem plenty rugged.I like it better then Fords flat floor because it allows my dogs to sit higher so that they can see out.I can fold up the floor and down the seats,transforming the back seat area from a doggie play pen to a clean passenger area in 1 minute.Plus it still allows stuff to be stored under it.One of my favorite features.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That was one of the features that caught my eye as well. I also have two Labs, but they are 105 and 140 pounds (both lean), so it should definitely get a good workout. My biggest concern is getting them in, although I did order the air suspension, so that should help. I think I heard a figure of 350 pounds for the floor somewhere, but that would likely be well distributed.

Tom

·
Registered
189 Posts
That was one of the features that caught my eye as well. I also have two Labs, but they are 105 and 140 pounds (both lean), so it should definitely get a good workout. My biggest concern is getting them in, although I did order the air suspension, so that should help. I think I heard a figure of 350 pounds for the floor somewhere, but that would likely be well distributed.

Tom
Thems big Labs! I think your bigger concern may be the limited payload cap of the Ram,not the floor,haa haa,The entry/exit mode helps a lot with dog entry but the fold down floor adds back about 6"s.Nice big flat landing area though for the running jump.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might try an aluminum ramp to help the pups get in/out; we got one a couple years ago to help with our Lab's joints. Slides out to about 6' and I keep in bed of truck. Pretty compact, SolvIt is the brand, came from one of the pet supply catalogs...drs foster & smith, I think

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes they are good size, this is our third pair and each time they seem to get bigger. At least they are good natured.

I was thinking of making some sort of step that would store under the seat and maybe hook over the step rail.

Tom

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I travel a lot for work and when I get tired there might not be a hotel near by , just curious if it will handle someone sleeping on it I'm about 170 pounds

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Did not know the rear seats fold flat. Do know the seats fold up to reveal those storage compartments under them. That would be hard to sleep on.

My take from this is the back part of that seat folds forward. Maybe mine does not do that although I see two straps up behind that seat. Better read the book.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Capt. you had to order the fold flat floor option for the Tradesman and/or its included with upper packages. I use a piece of 3/4 plywood to create the dogs full rear cab bed with a pad. Works great as a sleeper too...

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Guess I don't have that. The seat folds up but there's no flat thing to replace it.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes they are good size, this is our third pair and each time they seem to get bigger. At least they are good natured.

I was thinking of making some sort of step that would store under the seat and maybe hook over the ste

Tom
That's why my brother in law calls his Labs flabadors. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts