RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken delivery of their truck and received any incentives from the factory? When I ask the local dealer about incentives he gets squirrelly. Cant get a straight answer. Thanks Papaw

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ordered 2/10/14 and they guaranteed $3000.00 in incentives at a minimum and will include any others available at delivery. They put it right in the computer purchase agreement at time of deposit and will bump it up to any others if available at time of delivery. Delivery has moved from 4/7 to 4/11 and now as of this morning I'm pushed back till 4/15. Maybe by the time t gets here I'll be into those $4-7000 year end clearance offers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered 2/10/14 and they guaranteed $3000.00 in incentives at a minimum and will include any others available at delivery. They put it right in the computer purchase agreement at time of deposit and will bump it up to any others if available at time of delivery. Delivery has moved from 4/7 to 4/11 and now as of this morning I'm pushed back till 4/15. Maybe by the time t gets here I'll be into those $4-7000 year end clearance offers!
i assume that is the deal you had with your dealer?? because i know chrysler doesn't guarantee unless it is customer protected at time of order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A lot of incentives fall into the 'sold order guarantee' category. What this means is at the time of your order placement, whatever incentives available are guaranteed. If at the time of delivery they are different, you get the higher one. But again, not all qualify for that.

Just confirm this with dealer at time of order if this is the case. If they won't give up any incentive info, check truecar.com or edmunds.com and enter your area code/truck your getting to see eligible incentives.

Or just call dodge and ask for incentive department. They'll be able to tell you all of the above

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes it is with dealer, I believe at time of order there was $2500.00 from Ram in incentives with the anticipation of an increase as in years past. Haven't found any indications of Ram offering any blow out incentives yet.Still waiting to see if the $500.00 coupon shows up in the mail as others have received.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If anyone is getting the run around from their dealer on incentives and which ones are available or which ones are customer order protected if you are ordering.... call the Chrysler Incentives number. They will ask exactly what model you are looking at and what your zip code is and walk you through the exact incentives and tell you which ones are order protected.

If you are sitting with your dealer and they are not in agreement with what you have from Chrysler then just tell the sales person/manager lets call them up and walk through it with Chrysler incentives together. :)

US #: 1-800-227-0757

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got $3000 off plus my exclusive offer for $500.

·
Registered
346 Posts
USAA lists these current incentives on it's Car Buying Service website:

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Retail Customer Cash Allowance
Not combinable with some finance incentives. See dealer for details. (Expires 04/30/2014)
$2,500

2014 Ram 1500 Truck Quad and Crew Cab Gas Engine Bonus Cash $2,000

2014 Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep Conquest Lease to Retail/Lease Bonus Cash $1,000

2014 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM Returning Lessee Loyalty Cash $1,000

2014 Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and RAM Military Cash Allowance $500

2014 Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and RAM (excluding all SRT vehicles) College Graduate Cash Allowance $500

USAA Exclusive Incentive $1,000

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
For april here in ontario its 8500+1500 (if you are a tradesman or pickup owner) for april.....

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
There are incentives. Others have listed some above. Maybe the dealer wants and can get some for themselves.

When I picked up my truck the dealer gave me just under $4,000 off the price and then ADDED about $3,000 more in incentives from various factory sources. At the time I figured it was about 17% total off the MSRP price. That ended up more than I expected or dreamed of getting.

It's not a dream come true because I did not imagine it to be that good. You can and probably should get some factory incentives.

·
Registered
273 Posts
FYI.............the offers quoted are different for different trim levels and different geographies. Key in a zip code for different parts of the US and you will see the incentives rise and fall with some "bonus" incentives for certain trim levels. Here in the "West" region, we have a $2,500 and $500 incentives for most trim levels and extra/bonus ones for certain trim levels.

For example, right now the Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 5"7" Box trim has the following incentives:
Consumer Cash $2,500
Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash $500 (if financed thru Chrysler)
Package Discount $3,200
Total Price Incentives - $6,200

·
Registered
575 Posts
FYI.............the offers quoted are different for different trim levels and different geographies. Key in a zip code for different parts of the US and you will see the incentives rise and fall with some "bonus" incentives for certain trim levels. Here in the "West" region, we have a $2,500 and $500 incentives for most trim levels and extra/bonus ones for certain trim levels.

For example, right now the Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 5"7" Box trim has the following incentives:
Consumer Cash $2,500
Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash $500 (if financed thru Chrysler)
Package Discount $3,200
Total Price Incentives - $6,200
The $3200 package discount on the Big Horn does not apply to the ED. It is for gas engines. At least that is the way it is in my zip code.

In parts of Utah there is a additional $1000.00 incentives as a competitive offer. If you own a 2500 or 3500 truck of another brand, you may qualify. This is a example of a regional offer.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The $3200 package discount on the Big Horn does not apply to the ED. It is for gas engines. At least that is the way it is in my zip code.

In parts of Utah there is a additional $1000.00 incentives as a competitive offer. If you own a 2500 or 3500 truck of another brand, you may qualify. This is a example of a regional offer.
Interesting to note that the footnote associated with the $3,200 package discount does not say it is limited to the gas engine models. There was another discount that did specifically exclude models with diesel engines that I did not mention in the original post.

For fun, I tried to "build and price" several trim levels/models for my area (SLC Utah) with and without the 5.7 Hemi and ED engines and the consistent theme was the following two discounts across the board with the "bonus" discount for configurations with the 5.7 Hemi engine.

West BC Retail Consumer Cash 70CE1 $2,500
West Chrysler Capital 2014 Bonus Cash WECE5 $500

For 5.7 Hemi Engine - Additonal Incentive:
2014 Ram Truck Bonus Cash 39CE8 $2,000

·
Registered
575 Posts
Interesting to note that the footnote associated with the $3,200 package discount does not say it is limited to the gas engine models. There was another discount that did specifically exclude models with diesel engines that I did not mention in the original post.

For fun, I tried to "build and price" several trim levels/models for my area (SLC Utah) with and without the 5.7 Hemi and ED engines and the consistent theme was the following two discounts across the board with the "bonus" discount for configurations with the 5.7 Hemi engine.

West BC Retail Consumer Cash 70CE1 $2,500
West Chrysler Capital 2014 Bonus Cash WECE5 $500

For 5.7 Hemi Engine - Additonal Incentive:
2014 Ram Truck Bonus Cash 39CE8 $2,000
It seems they are changing the terms on some of these BH incentives. In March when I ordered my Outdoorsman the BH package discount did not apply to the diesel. Looking again just now, and I don't see any restrictions on engine type.

The additional incentive for a competitive offer code is: WECEP - it applies to certain counties in Utah. Not sure if SL county is included.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Does anyone but me think ram is throwing thier money away? Lol there is such a demand for these trucks its hard to even get one! Why give incentives? The trucks would sell themselves.....seems kinda dumb from a business standpoint.....when i ordered my limited on march 12th ram gave me 13K off plus what i could squeeze from the dealer.....i would have bought the truck anyways!!!

The only circumstance where u would see incentives needed would be maybe in statesand areas where mayne there is few and far between ram dealers....

Reactions: Dr Honda

·
Registered
273 Posts
It seems they are changing the terms on some of these BH incentives. In March when I ordered my Outdoorsman the BH package discount did not apply to the diesel. Looking again just now, and I don't see any restrictions on engine type.

The additional incentive for a competitive offer code is: WECEP - it applies to certain counties in Utah. Not sure if SL county is included.
I can't seem to find a list of or decipher their pricing codes to know what applies to each of the various models without manually building and pricing each combination. I was able to get through several options and you can see the variety of incentives.

Ram.jpg

·
Registered
693 Posts
Does anyone but me think ram is throwing thier money away? Lol there is such a demand for these trucks its hard to even get one! Why give incentives? The trucks would sell themselves.....seems kinda dumb from a business standpoint.....when i ordered my limited on march 12th ram gave me 13K off plus what i could squeeze from the dealer.....i would have bought the truck anyways!!!

The only circumstance where u would see incentives needed would be maybe in states and areas where mayne there is few and far between ram dealers....
I was thinking the same thing. The only theory I could come up with is that Ram probably wants pretty badly to solidify their #2 position ahead of GM. GM is going to have to pull something pretty special out of their hat to match what the Ecodiesel has done for Ram sales.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And you bring out a new truck, not usually a yearly purchase for most people and then say 'well yes you could buy this one with all these incentives, or buy this new one (that we screwed up launching royally) and pay a gouging full price.' Guess which side the BUSINESS minded accounts fall on? Not giving incentives because you have a fake limited supply, Ferrari is limited Porsche 918 Spyder is limited, you can build more and there is a new model year in 2015. You start telling customers they can't get discounts they will buy other cars, just because it's new and there's demand doesn't mean you can tell customers to screw their discounts. Car buyers will remember and that Dart or Cherokee they were considering in a few years is now a Focus or Escape. Yeah, you could make an extra 3-5k per car and end up losing millions later, no brainer to me. I wouldn't expect model year end discounts though, and they are offering a new $1500 GAS only rebate.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

Yes it does. BUT... it's sneaky. The $3200 is already reflected in the window sticker price. SO... the way I see it is... it's a BS number, to pad the offer they put on a commercial/add.

Here's my window sticker... look toward the bottom on the options side. You will clearly see the $3200 package value.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR7LM2ES327152

1 - 20 of 43 Posts