RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody
I was an avid ford guy and have owned over 30- ford E-250 vans for my business and 5 expeditions for my personal/ business vehicle.
so last year I bought a new boat and my ford expedition just wasn't towing it well enough. it would tow it well enough for most people, but the boat was a little tongue heavy and i thought that i needed a new expedition with self leveling rear end or air suspension , so i started shopping and during my google search, the ram 1500 eco diesel showed up and i was instantly hooked,
I ended up
ordering an eco diesel, Laramie longhorn with everything on it except the towing mirrors and ram boxes. the color is two tone white/gold trim . i cant wait .
its supposed to be here 6-10-14

·
Registered
214 Posts
hello everybody
I was an avid ford guy and have owned over 30- ford E-250 vans for my business and 5 expeditions for my personal/ business vehicle.
so last year I bought a new boat and my ford expedition just wasn't towing it well enough. it would tow it well enough for most people, but the boat was a little tongue heavy and i thought that i needed a new expedition with self leveling rear end or air suspension , so i started shopping and during my google search, the ram 1500 eco diesel showed up and i was instantly hooked,
I ended up
ordering an eco diesel, Laramie longhorn with everything on it except the towing mirrors and ram boxes. the color is two tone white/gold trim . i cant wait .
its supposed to be here 6-10-14
You'll love it mines as smooth as butter and slick as glass. Towed my first load today 10,000 lbs. it was better than I imagined.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had a viper truck back in 05 but wasn't impressed with the gas milage ,,it was a 1500 with fancy furniture and a 10 cylinder viper engine that would pass everything but the gas station,,id slam the door and the cup holder would pop open,so i was really offed by dodge but when i saw the eco diesel and had the chance to test ride one ,,i was impressed, so ram has me now ,,i needed 4x4 or i would be driving the one i test drove ….i tow a 26 foot boat,,,weight is 5 k lbs //boat motor trailer and fuel ,,so i am thinking it will handle it superbly.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i had a viper truck back in 05 but wasn't impressed with the gas milage ,,it was a 1500 with fancy furniture and a 10 cylinder viper engine that would pass everything but the gas station
Almost got one of those, but went for a Lightning instead. It has seen a 17mpg tank one time, on flat roads, cruise set to 55. Normal driving, rest of the time is more like 10-13, even when babying it and staying out of boost.

Looking forward to better returns with this truck over the long run, and being able to tow and go on road trips and have everyone be comfortable and not on top of each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts