RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

RAM outselling the Chevy Silverado may be surprising to some, but for most RAM fans its to be expected. Last month, Ram's trucks overtook the Chevrolet Silverado to become the second-best selling vehicle in the segment for the first time ever. The RAM pickups outsold the Silverado by 285 units in March and the breakdown looked like this:

Chrysler moved 42,532 trucks for the month compared to 42,247 for the Chevrolet fullsize
Will this trend continue and relegate the Chevy Silverado to a third place finish month over month, year over year? Nobody knows, but we here at RAM1500Diesel.com wouldn't be surprised if this trend continues. Pickuptrucks.com notes, RAM sold more 3/4-ton trucks and more 1-ton trucks than Chevy last year, and they are steadily gaining ground in half-ton models. Guts, Glory, RAM!!

Via: Autoblog

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is not hard for me to understand, I have had 4 chevs, and in 2012 bought my first Dodge(Ram). unless something major happens I will be sticking with Ram.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Pickuptrucks dot com can suck it!!!! Bunch of ford loving hosers there!! Read their articles, it will give you a laugh....talking about chev or ram its very mediocre about any tech or feature, but a ford exec cuts a loud fart and its the best thing since sliced bread....

Reactions: AZDZRTFOX

·
Registered
231 Posts
the 1500 diesel caused this huge sales push. it will continue too because this truck WILL really be good for many owners.. 28mpg hyw 21 city towing great for under 7k. Unbealivable.

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Thanks for the information.

Not a personal surprise. I looked at the new Chevrolet/GMC trucks. Walked out too. Very expensive and not remotely impressive in many areas. Owned lots of GM vehicles. That '01 Duramax junk sure got me sour on GM. That was the 2nd most troubled vehicle I ever owned. The worst? 1988 Ford F150.

D

·
0 Posts
MotorTrend listed the Top 20 Selling Vehicles 2014 through March
Top 20 Best-Selling Vehicles of 2014, Quarter One - Motor Trend

Below is their comparison of total Sales numbers for the Top 3 Selling Vehicles.
3- Ram truck Sales through March: 96,906
Change: +25 percent

2- Chevrolet Silverado Sales through March: 107,757
Change: -8 percent

1- Ford F-Series Sales through March: 173,358
Change: +3 percent

After finishing 2013 as America’s best-selling pickup 37 years in a row and the best-selling vehicle for 32 years, the Ford F-Series continues its winning streak in the first quarter of 2014. That’s not surprising considering the number of configurations available for the F-Series lineup (light-duty F-150 pickup and F-250, F-350, and F-450 Super Duty) including cab and bed sizes, trim levels, and engine choices including the popular 365-hp 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6. With 173,358 units sold by the end of March, Ford has sold 65,601 more F-Series than the second-place Chevrolet Silverado.

So yes according to the original posting, Ram sales in March surpassed the Silverado. Saying that, when you review the total vehicle sales for 2014 through March, both the Silverado and F-series trucks sold substantially more vehicles than Ram.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Light Duty Truck Sales 2014 YTD by Brand

Thought everyone might find these stats interesting. Ram light duty truck deliveries far exceeded the other major brands, up 33% in March year-over-year and up 28.5% year-to-date in 2014 compared to 2013.

Note: the title line should say "Deliveries" not "Sales".

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts