·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I got the email on that too.

I want to ask why we don't have the boost gauge in our dash, when it's clearly shown in the brochure.

Reactions: sledogmilionair

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Great question honda!

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Ask about warranty issues with that foam pad over the engine.

Also got the email. Think you had to do something with Twitter or some other social media. I don't do that stuff. Too antisocial.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ditto, Honda. It is obviously shown in the owner's manual as a regular feature of the EVIC, but for whatever reason not "available". It deserves a real explanation. We know that the feature is obviously somewhere in the programming, but why don't we have access to it?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Just found out about this online chat Ram Trucks will be hosting on 6/12 @ 2pm ET. It would be a good time to ask the Ram guys all these questions we've been asking ourselves. Link for more info is below:

Ram Trucks Hosts EcoDiesel Google Plus Hangout | RamZone
Call me cynical but Ram had a Q&A session a few months ago and it turned out to be a heavily moderated promotion. Some interesting and pointed questions asked on the feed but only a few watered down responses to easy queries. I learned nothing from it. I don't see this event being any different. So, ask your questions but don't expect answers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Boost gauge: if you go to the owner's section of the Ram Trucks website, you should be able to download the diesel supplement file named "2014-RAM_15_25_35_Diesel-SU-4th_R1.pdf"

The boost gauge is a Cummins-only feature, it's never been a part of the 1500 Diesel package.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Mrpopar64 - my 12 Ram 3500 Cummis does NOT have a boost gauge. Did they add one recently? The F350 Power Joke I traded on this truck had a boost gauge and I really missed it when I first started driving the Ram. After a while I realized that knowing the boost number didn't help me drive any more efficiently or with any more power, it was just fun to watch. After 2 years without a boost gauge or EGT gauge I've learned that all the computers will keep me from damaging the engine, so I just floor it and go. My on order ED won't have a boost gauge and I don't care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Boost gauge: if you go to the owner's section of the Ram Trucks website, you should be able to download the diesel supplement file named "2014-RAM_15_25_35_Diesel-SU-4th_R1.pdf"

The boost gauge is a Cummins-only feature, it's never been a part of the 1500 Diesel package.
Did you clearly think this through before you typed it out?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

Did you clearly think this through before you typed it out?
EXACTLY.

Did I say "Diesel Supplement"? Nope... I said brochure. You know... that thing they give out to help sell a truck. There's a picture taking at least half the page 19, showing the gauge I want... and the caption says... "Shown here, configured for the new turbocharged EcoDiesel V6."

·
Registered
360 Posts
And until they reposted the brochure in Dec it had the usual 'equipment shown is preproduction and finished product may vary.' Also the product guides/brochures are NEVER a legally binding agreement regarding finished products so I'm guessing it was decided to be un-needed and thus dropped. It is NOT in either product manual or the diesel supplement so I would go with them as the most accurate portrayal of what made it into the final truck. Especially since Ram does not ship those brochures to the dealer, they come from an outside marketing company with Ram supplied information.

·
Registered
279 Posts
2 pm on a week day, I get it that's when the Ram guys are working, but unless a person is retired, most folks are working at 2 pm. O hope someone asks them if there will be improvements, ie heavier payloads in 2015/2016.

·
Registered
60 Posts
EXACTLY.

Did I say "Diesel Supplement"? Nope... I said brochure. You know... that thing they give out to help sell a truck. There's a picture taking at least half the page 19, showing the gauge I want... and the caption says... "Shown here, configured for the new turbocharged EcoDiesel V6."

That brochure is decidedly "pre-production" material. Sure it's a disappointment that it's not there (maybe, sometimes too much information is worse than less) but no truck in any showroom has ever had it. I hope that most people bought the truck based on the real thing...

The pictures show the cluster with screens from the HD application, why someone in marketing made that decision is beyond any imagination.

·
Registered
214 Posts
2 pm on a week day, I get it that's when the Ram guys are working, but unless a person is retired, most folks are working at 2 pm. O hope someone asks them if there will be improvements, ie heavier payloads in 2015/2016.
Heavier payloads will only happen on 1/2 ton trucks by you adding mods. to get there. They build them for the masses that use them as cars with beds. Only way to get there is modifying in mho. It's what I'm doing to get by. And don't read the numbers do what you want.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That brochure is decidedly "pre-production" material. Sure it's a disappointment that it's not there (maybe, sometimes too much information is worse than less) but no truck in any showroom has ever had it. I hope that most people bought the truck based on the real thing...

The pictures show the cluster with screens from the HD application, why someone in marketing made that decision is beyond any imagination.
I have a brochure that was updated much later (March) and it still has the EGT/Turbo gauge so it can not be reasonably explained as "pre-production" material. So the question is relevant and I hope one of us gets a chance to ask it and post the reply, if any, here. I will not be able to participate but another question I would be asking is when is part/option availability going to stabilize so we can be reasonably sure that we can get what we want ordered, i.e. I don't want the 20" black wheels on my outdoorsman, I want the standard 17 aluminum, but they don't seem to be available.

Ram has a winner here, this little diesel is the right size for light duty trucks, great interior, great looks, the whole package, but their ability to reliably deliver is lackluster at best. I want to spend my money, but I am not going to spend it unless it is exactly what I want.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The brochure posted was a direct download from Ram's web site... and the brochure I have was handed to me in late January. The truck monitors the boost and EGT's... so it's not unreasonable to ask for it.

As far as "I hope that most people bought the truck based on the real thing"..... you are talking to the wrong group. I would say the majority of the guys here (as of now) bought/ordered trucks WAY before there were any on the showroom floor. This forum is truly founded on the early adopters. SO... we test drove the GC, and ordered based of that, and the printed materials.

And finally......

I honestly don't know why this is even becoming a debate here. It's a SIMPLE software update. Besides... the original topic was "What questions would you ask?"

Reactions: BDD
1 - 16 of 16 Posts