RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey so I am new to the forum, and forums in general. I am probably breaking all the rules, but as a new EcoDiesel owner I have found myself reading many threads and hundreds of posts without getting details on some things and to many on others. I thought I would suggest a thread and a few guidelines to help. (if it already exists please let me know and I will remove this one)

If those willing could include the following info in relation to this thread that would be a big plus;
not sure how to set up an voting poll, but that would be a big plus as well.

Tell us about your RamBox Bed Cover Solution; please include,
1) Name of manufacturer and name of item? (ex: BAK flip G2)
2) Price range one can expect to pay? (800-900)
3) Size of the box? (if it is a roll up)
4) Did you loose any RamBox features? (did you have to remove the tracks or cleats)
5) Install Time and did you make any added mods? (added weather stripping)
6) What where the top 3 primary reasons you bought it? (price, material, functional need,etc)
7) Does it leak or freeze and would you buy it again?

These things can get pricy and never having had one I have found questions 1,2,& 5, answered easy enough, but 3 and 4 seem to be a bit elusive. Hopefully if some of you are will to spare a few minutes we can get a great stat thread going. hope everyone is enjoying their rides.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have a Ram Box but I have the BAK Flip F1 on a standard bed and it is great. You can read all of the reviews online about them but the biggest factor for me was that it fold up to the cab so you can still access the whole bed if needed and it locks up so everything is secure. It is waterproof if you install it properly, which is not difficult to do and only took me about an hour. I think I spent about $800 for it.

Sorry I can't answer #4 but from the looks of mine I don't think it would affect the ram box.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can answer #4. You do not lose any rambox functionality. Rambox will still open regardless of the position of the bakflip f1. You also do not pull the tracks. It uses those to mount the cover. You will pull the cleats to slide the cover mounts into the track system then reinstall the cleats so you can still use them. Hope this helps. Love mine!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another member was kind enough to answer a few questions I had, thought I would post them

1) Name of manufacturer and name of item? RetraxPro
2) Price range one can expect to pay? 1,500 - 1,800
3) Size of the box? 10" across the top, 13" tall (leaves 54" from box front to tailgate for a 5.7/67in bed)
4) Did you loose any RamBox features? no it installs on the top of the cargo management system
5) Install Time and did you make any added mods? 1-1.5 hours
6) What where the top 3 primary reasons you bought it? ???? Assuming function and past experience based on a few comments
7) Does it leak or freeze and would you buy it again? Seals up nicely and yes

·
Registered
123 Posts
1) Name of manufacturer and name of item? (ex: BAK flip G2)
Extang Solid Fold

2) Price range one can expect to pay? (800-900)
Paid $700

3) Size of the box? (if it is a roll up)
N/A

4) Did you loose any RamBox features? (did you have to remove the tracks or cleats)
No feature loss.

5) Install Time and did you make any added mods? (added weather stripping)
Took less than an hour with cold hands! We did have to add weather stripping that Extang sent out for free.

6) What where the top 3 primary reasons you bought it? (price, material, functional need,etc)
Ease of removal, solid tri fold, security.

7) Does it leak or freeze and would you buy it again?
It did leak at the start. So we added some weather stripping sent by extang and I have not seen any leaks since. (can't answer freeze yet)
Did notice when it gets hot its harder to open, but nothing too crazy,

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) Name of manufacturer and name of item? Access Limited (ACCESS Limited Edition | Premium Tonneau Cover | ACCESS Cover)

2) Price range one can expect to pay? 580 to 625

3) Size of the box? 6' 2"

4) Did you loose any RamBox features? No

5) Install Time and did you make any added mods? 2hrs, weather stripping comes with limited

6) What where the top 3 primary reasons you bought it? price and the accessories that come with it.

7) Does it leak or freeze and would you buy it again? Has not leaked yet, can't answer freeze yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts