RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black (px8) 5'7" Rambox bed for trade in the Denver area. Looking to trade for standard 5'7" bed, preferably from a Laramie to make for a direct swap.

Bed is in great shape and comes with a Bakflip Revolver x2 hard rolling bed cover.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
While I cannot help you with the trade I'd be interested in hearing the reasons you prefer the traditional box. I ordered a new 2020 and after much flip flopping back and forth ordered a rambox which I have never had before so I am committed on my next truck.

All the best,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I cannot help you with the trade I'd be interested in hearing the reasons you prefer the traditional box. I ordered a new 2020 and after much flip flopping back and forth ordered a rambox which I have never had before so I am committed on my next truck.

All the best,
I like the Ramboxes, I really do, but I need (want) a camper/topper. Passenger side box is tools, tie downs, recovery gear, etc. Drivers is fishing pole, bike tools, and whatever other random stuff I want to throw in there. Hard rolling cover keeps everything in the bed protected and out of sight.

However, I really want to be able to store my bikes in the bed and not on a bike carrier/hitch rack. Travelling in the fall/winter/spring from the mountains means snow, ice and SALT on the roads, which I don't want sprayed all over my bikes on a hitch rack.

So, if you have no interest in ever getting a topper, Ramboxes are awesome.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Would love to trade but my Laramie is the wrong color (Delmonico Red). Plus, you are a 20 hour drive for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is delmonico red and a Laramie but I’ll trade. Mine has a Truck Covers USA work cover. I’m in AZ so PM me if you’re game? We can meet in the middle and find a mechanic to swap. Only downside is we’d both need to paint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is delmonico red and a Laramie but I’ll trade. Mine has a Truck Covers USA work cover. I’m in AZ so PM me if you’re game? We can meet in the middle and find a mechanic to swap. Only downside is we’d both need to paint.
I wouldn't want to mess with paint. Thanks though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Flatlander51
I like the Rebel wheels/tires on your Laramie. I'm looking to do the same thing. Was your speedometer off after the swap?
No. The outside diameter of the 285/70/17 Wildpeaks are basically the same as the Laramie 20s. I bought P rated Wildpeaks and have been very happy with them. This combo also weighs about the same as the stock 20s, so MPGs are very minimally affected, if at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts