RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ALOHA!
So this will be a slow build process, as Im still making payments on the truck, but my long time mod happy self cant resist, my other car is heavily modified, nothing is left stock except for some body panels...

But this is about the RAM truck! Which I like to call the "White Bison" because of its size compared to my other cars. I will post modifications on the first post to keep it updated but post continually in this thread as new things pop up. Because of my background in older import sports cars, I will probably mod the truck accordingly =)
Hope you guys enjoy it!

------------------------------------
So after searching and test driving for over 3 months starting May 2015, I knew already I wanted an EcoDiesel ram truck, for obvious reasons: MPG, Towing, Crew Cab, Style, and because I wanted to finally buy a new reliable car/truck.I have thus started off by test driving each model trim starting from the Tradesman to the Limited (except the Longhorn and the Sport)

Visited almost every Ram dealer in my state and not one could get me to buy one at the time. Some were even very rude to me when I asked for a price quote when I politely denied to do the credit check because I knew I was approved by my bank. That is another story for another time.

Long story short, a family friend found out I was looking for a Ram and they had a family friend who they trust who happens to work at a Ram dealer I have not yet been able to visit. The salesman was super nice, down to earth, no pressure, and just was able to do what I asked and wanted for the truck, and I ended up with the 2016 Limited appearance package Ram, at the time it was one of three in the state. I love the new grille and tail gate design and white was my 2nd color choice, but overall I am super happy with the ED.

My first truck was the 1993 Toyota T100 SR5 regular cab, long bed, manual trans, which i loved very much and very reliable, just not great mpg, and towing power is lacking for towing my racecar to the track, and cant fit anyone but myself and one person really, love the bench seat but because it doesnt slide its hard for other who are short to drive it.

Info: Purchased August 2015
2015 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 Standard 6'4"Bed, Crew Cab
Color Ext/Int: Bright White/Black Leather
-Limited appearance package
-Front tow hooks
-Full Option Package
-No Rambox
-Sirius XM Radio
-4 Corner Air Suspension
-Forged 20" Limited Wheels
-Spray-in Bed Liner
-LED DRL Projector Headlamps
-Sunroof
-Tow Mirrors
-3.92 axle

----------------------------------
Modifications YTD:

Installed/Applied Parts:

-EZ Tail Gate assist
-Paint Protector
-Underbody Chassis Rust Protector
-Ram Running Board (non wheel to wheel)
-Weathertech Fitted Floor mats F/R
-Weathertech Sun Shield
-Weathertech Headlamp Protector
-Mopar License Plate Frame
-Bakflip F1 Tonneau Cover ---------------------------------------(for my review on why I chose this cover and for other tonneau covers check this link out ---> http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-accessories/8032-best-tonneau-cover-experiences-welcome.html)
-Bakbox2 Tool box

Parts Ordered/Have not yet installed/waiting to buy:

-Gatorback Mudflaps
-BedRug or Bedmat
-Swing Case Toolbox
-Bed Rails
-Bug Deflector
-BDS lift kit
-Hankoon ATM Tires

Unsatisfied Parts/Plan to Return/Already Returned:
-Weathertech rain gaurds

-------------------------------
I know I have already introduced myself and my truck but here are the pics again for thread purposes:

--------------------------------

Updated Photos of the Truck - March 31st 2016 Update

·
Super Moderator
2,650 Posts
I love the color of your truck and not to sound negative, I just can't wrap my head around the grill. The tailgate is also another story. Maybe as time goes by it will grow on me. I guess that's what makes us all different. Anyway this thread is about your upcoming mods and I will be looking forward to seeing what you do to the Ram.

Reactions: Ramvia

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the color of your truck and not to sound negative, I just can't wrap my head around the grill. The tailgate is also another story. Maybe as time goes by it will grow on me. I guess that's what makes us all different. Anyway this thread is about your upcoming mods and I will be looking forward to seeing what you do to the Ram.
none taken at all, to each their own :D

I personally didnt like it at first glance, but after seeing it a few times before buying it, I grew to love it! and felt special as others still had the crosshair and regular tail gate design. It is nice to see other ram owners point and notice the differences, over time im sure most will come to accept it. and thanks!
I will be updating this as I post more mods!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
September 24th 2015:

So I installed the EZ tail gate assist here is a short clip of it in action!

I also got my parts delivered from Weathertech, unfortunately the only part I wasn't quite happy with was the rain guards....
The rain guards are high quality and all but I didn't like how they put pressure and sit on the window sills, they are flexible but the rails are sharp so be careful because I accidentally cut the window squeegee in half now =(

After installing them the auto window roll up would keep going back down, the instructions said to roll up and down slowly five times which work only when I held the button down manually. However the passenger side wouldn't go all the way up unless i pressed the window button twice. This made it seem like this would be the early death bringer for the passenger window motor. so after some thinking I have decided to remove them...

Planing on either selling it on this forum, or returning them. They are brand new just a day old! Super easy install, but I'm just OCD. I prefer my rain guard style on my nissan and how it stickies over the window rails. I am super bummed out by this...

my nissan has raingaurds that go over the rails not the body or the door, too bad the Ram doesn't have something similar like that. But here are the pics of it.
12053372_10153725001221189_821854429_n.jpg
11909781_10153725000966189_375205729_n.jpg
12047618_10153725000831189_1706502808_n.jpg

I also got my Mopar License plate Frame in and installed it since my state plates arrived as well. it is the chrome one, can't quite see it but its there lol

The weather tech laser lined floor mats fit very well especially the ones in the front row. The rear mat fits good but the part that goes over the center section seems a little short because the sides of the mat aren't fully touching the ground. If it was maybe .2 inches longer and the sides by the door sills seem a bit thin in material so it doesn't sit flat, maybe some heat and it will form to the floor better.

However I love the floor mats, and this way i can use my limited floor mats for a later day and rough it up with these and not worry about the floor getting dirty as they cover a lot more area than the oem mats, plus they cover the middle floor in the rear and can hold liquid spills.

I will post pics as soon as I can

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will get around to posting pics today, the weathertech rain guards may be sent back and customer service was helpful and nice enough to take them back, nothing wrong with them but just dont like the fitment of them

·
Registered
13,835 Posts
Get it all on and show some pictures. Beautiful truck. Classy white and chrome sure does it for me.

·
Administrator
4,559 Posts
will get around to posting pics today, the weathertech rain guards may be sent back and customer service was helpful and nice enough to take them back, nothing wrong with them but just dont like the fitment of them
Check out the EGR rain guards, number of members have them... great pics!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I ordered my Tonneau Cover last night and I am excited for it to come in, I Ordered the Bakflip F1 cover with the bakbox2 after much debate and research for 3 months I have decided these fit my needs of having full bed cover access without having to remove the entire cover. Also it comes with a foldable toolbox that I can store away if I am not using any of the toolbox space. The bakflip F1 is tough and can support my weight when stood on or sat upon allowing me to easily wash and wash the roof of the truck. Although it doesnt open from the front and blocks rear view when fully folded, and doesnt come with security locks, or open without tail gate being opened first. It is still the best choice for me.

I plan on adding a swingcase to the driver side only, not sure yet though as it seems i will have to drill into the bed side for this case to fit.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
So I ordered my Tonneau Cover last night and I am excited for it to come in, I Ordered the Bakflip F1 cover with the bakbox2 after much debate and research for 3 months I have decided these fit my needs of having full bed cover access without having to remove the entire cover. Also it comes with a foldable toolbox that I can store away if I am not using any of the toolbox space. The bakflip F1 is tough and can support my weight when stood on or sat upon allowing me to easily wash and wash the roof of the truck. Although it doesnt open from the front and blocks rear view when fully folded, and doesnt come with security locks, or open without tail gate being opened first. It is still the best choice for me.

I plan on adding a swingcase to the driver side only, not sure yet though as it seems i will have to drill into the bed side for this case to fit.
I have the fiber max and I don't like the fact that you have open the cover to shut the tailgate. If you don't then your gate slams against the back seal of the cover. I also have had two now that have leaked thru the hinges in the middle of the bed. I'd rather have the Revolver X2 as it serves it's purpose nearly the same yet the tailgate can be closed and it has a vinyl cover over the aluminum extrusions so it won't leak in the middle of the bed.

Also when rolled up you have vision out the back window.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the fiber max and I don't like the fact that you have open the cover to shut the tailgate. If you don't then your gate slams against the back seal of the cover. I also have had two now that have leaked thru the hinges in the middle of the bed. I'd rather have the Revolver X2 as it serves it's purpose nearly the same yet the tailgate can be closed and it has a vinyl cover over the aluminum extrusions so it won't leak in the middle of the bed.

Also when rolled up you have vision out the back window.

I wish I ordered the Revolver... But its too late lol... it does leak I have noticed today, took it to wash the truck and test the seals and your right. but its not super bad. I live in a dry desert area and it hardly rains.

Here are some pics which i will add to the op.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So update to what I have been doing with my Ramvia

it is 12/2/2015 weds and I just got back from a spur of the moment trip to Las Vegas to pick up a deal on an old 89' Nissan 240sx that I plan on turning into my dedicated track vehicle for next years racing season. So asked my boss if i could go and he was cool enough to give me the day off to go and grab the car. Reserved a Uhaul Trailer in vegas for pickup and planned to drop it back off here in Utah.

This is a first time experience for me to trailer anything in my life. The purpose of buying this truck is for family use/trailer my racecars/mpg/functionality/diesel half ton/ because RAM

I've read a lot about how to tow and hook it up but the guys at Uhaul were very helpful in showing me first hand how to get things set up! +1 for U-Haul, I wish I knew to have bought my Ball Joint Hitch Beforehand elsewhere for like 20$ instead of the 40$ they charge for one. But its okay I will consider it a lesson fee.

Photos are driving down to Vegas, loading up the car, and towing it back.

my impressions on my first tow with the ED was amazing. I was shocked at how easily this truck pulls the trailer + Car. The trailer didnt have electric brakes, so all i did was push the Tow/Haul Button and i was set. The Trans helped a ton on the descent during in the canyons with the load. Uphill the engine pulls hard if left at desired speed in cruise control and truck works amazingly. I towed in 4wd AUTO because i felt this was more safe and pulled the trailer with more ease. Overall I had a great experience and look forward to towing my cars to more events next year!

for those who are curious my truck is equipped with:
-Limited Slip
-4x4
-Air suspension

Last thing! - the Air helped a ton in leveling and comfort while towing. The only thing I want to ask if others who have towed their vehicle is, does it feel like you are tugging and shake a little bit? like car is being pulled back and forth from the trailer? it was minor but noticeable.

MPG - was 16-18mpg with towing back up to Utah for about 480+ miles

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After A minor accident on March 23rd 2016 I took my truck to a body shop and had it repaired and they replaced the front chrome bumper with a new one since it was scratched, but i got to keep the old one!

Here are some pics of the accident and the damages. It is pretty minor but the paint and primer was scrapped off

the rental they gave me during the fix was a HEMI Gas 2016 RAM 1500

12922182_10154157741546189_85934303_o.jpg 12940980_10154157741951189_1733142557_o.jpg 12948367_10154157741686189_692067257_o.jpg

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Updated Photos of the Truck

So I took some new photos of the truck with my camera again, because I felt like getting some lol

hope you enjoy and maybe ill submit one or go take more photos for the APRIL photo of the month!

12903883_10154157741786189_1991749025_o.jpg
12915316_10154157741736189_366166365_o.jpg
12922395_10154157741916189_1945162932_o.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts