RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to the point of telling my dealer to take the truck I ordered and shove it. Last month on Mar. 12th my salesman said it was being built and would ship on Mar. 15th, that same week customer service said shipping on Mar. 18th. The truck did not build until Mar. 19th. Last week the salesman told me it was on the way and would arrive in Mesquite TX on April 5th and that he put in a request to get it to the dealership a.s.a.p. and should have it by the 8th if not sooner. Well, I called customer service today and found out that yes the truck was built on Mar. 19th and that it was released on Mar. 24th and there it sits waiting to be loaded on a rail car and shipped. Today I was calm when I spoke with the salesman which was difficult and I told him that shipping was not until Apr. 15th, he said he would make a few calls. I get a voice mail later stating he rattled some chains to see if he could the truck moving. I am thinking about laying into him and his general sales manager in the morning, I have connections at the dealer and I may go higher.

I have been watching this ecodiesel thing since last June and have been waiting to place an order and here I sit on the edge of saying screw it. I checked this evening and discovered several dealers have these trucks in transit, so much for customer orders being priority. I also read about those that ordered after I did getting their trucks and my irritation and anger grows even more. Congratulations to those that have received their trucks and I do hope your are enjoying it, I may or may not join you this month.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wouldn't give up yet, Charliebrown. Deliveries are just being made for the first ordered trucks. These are orders that were placed back in early February. Mine was ordered Feb 16th and I'm still waiting for arrival. I think any day now....

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know exactly what you are going through as the same thing happened to me. First of all don't blame your dealer as they can only pass along the information (correct or incorrect) that is fed to them by their sources. My truck was ordered by my dealer on Feb. 10th. Truck rolled off the assembly line on either Feb. 27th or the 28th. Truck was to be shipped to my dealer on either the 24th or 25th of March, never showed. I called the dealer on the 26th. Dealer called me back on the 26th with a new delivery date of either the 28th or 29th of March. Just for the heck of it on March 28th I called Ram customer service in Auburn Hills, Michigan and asked them when the truck was to be delivered to my dealer. They replied with a date of March 31st. On the morning of the 31st I called my dealer and asked (I already knew the answer) if my truck came in on the 28th or 29th and they said no. The dealer made a call and then called me back that morning saying that my truck was on its way and would be at the dealer on the 31st. At 2:52pm that afternoon I had to drive to Grand Rapids, Mich. I was driving east bound on I-94 and I saw a car hauler going west bound with what looked like my truck... know kidding. About 25 minutes later my dealer called me. I said my truck came in, right? He said yes, how did you know... and I told him. Keep in mind the distance between the assembly plant and my dealer is about 200 miles. It took a little over one month to get my truck after it was assembled. There are too many trucks to be shipped and not enough carriers. Chrysler even opened up dealers to come and get trucks from Warren Assembly that were prepaid customer orders. JUST SIT TIGHT. I almost canceled my order. I know its tuff.:p

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I wouldn't give up... I would just get a new sales man. He was obviously just blowing smoke up your ares with the dates.

When did you order it?

I know there have been a few hold-ups in shipping because of the lack of rail cars.

As far as watching since June.... that's nothing. Some of us have been watching since this time, last year... and expected to be able to place an order on October 17th, 2013. (The original date for the USA)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Jesus relax dude.....whats the big deal, its only a truck! Whats a few extra day...wholly you guys on here need to relax!!! My dealer told me strait up from the time you sign to take delivery 8-13 weeks.....reading other peoples stories on here you should expect a delay....especially if you are far away (like texas) and need rail service....

Reactions: Matthew

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Soooo many people on here whining about waiting for their truck.....its coming..... i dont think women whine this much!

Reactions: gleb

·
Registered
18 Posts
How true...

Not getting your truck period by giving up and cancelling your order is a far better decision than being patient and waiting for the build. I ordered in late March with an expected delivery of late June. Patience is a virtue fellas... dig deep.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine showed up today. Shameful I'm out of town for over a week. Drat...I ordered feb 10, i was feeling the same way you were for a long time, but patience goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I am about to the point of telling my dealer to take the truck I ordered and shove it. ...
I can't speak for the competency of your dealer but they really don't have much to say about shipping. Ram's scheduling system is obscure at best, so it is no surprise that you get conflicting and out-of-date answers. People report that the period between factory release to actually getting on a carrier can be several days to several weeks. It all depends on where the truck is being shipped, how many trucks are going to the same location, carrier capacity and weather. The shipping system was clogged up in March but seems to be moving better now. Most people are getting their truck within the expected 8 to 12 weeks despite all the delays in the EcoDiesel production and shipping. Frustration is understandable but does not accomplish much. Use the time to see how other people's trucks are working out, read the manual, familiarize yourself with an inspection checklist, plan trips, or clean out the garage. It will be there soon enough.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got a real update Thursday. I was able to talk with our General Motors rep. who can track any vin number if it's on the UP system. He could not locate the truck which meant it is not on our system. A quick email to his contact with Chrysler and they found it still sitting on a lot in Michigan waiting to be loaded, it was released for shipping on March 24th. I am waiting on a call from the GM rep. Friday to see what he can do about getting it moving my way, he did tell me that rail cars are few and far between up there. Thursday was the third misleading statement from the salesman and the final straw for me so I started the ball rolling by phoning my contacts at the dealer. The salesman told me Thursday that the truck was on its way it was in Chicago, wrong again. I have no idea if he is reading some scheduler that is not updating correctly or not, either way he is not doing his homework by making sure the information he is giving is correct which will change after Friday.

For those that think I am going on the deep end or whining you are wrong. I am ok with things taking time I understand that but I am not the type of person to put up with any b.s at all. All I expect is an honest update on how things are going. This salesman should be giving accurate information and if he is not sure he should check before opening his mouth. If he does not know then say I do not know don't just open your mouth and toss something out.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Well Ego I do understand.

Now, FYI, you CAN'T have mine.

Feel better now?

"Running boards came in.
Mudflaps too.
They're waiting for me.
There's work to do".

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As I said, I am fine with things taking time. Everyone should be able to get the truth about their order and a status update that is as accurate as possible. The process is frustrating and irritating but when you have a dealer and customer support acting like they have no clue about anything or blowing smoke up your backside it adds to the frustration. If it's weather, rail cars, options holding it up what ever then say it, don't just make things up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
As I said, I am fine with things taking time. Everyone should be able to get the truth about their order and a status update that is as accurate as possible. The process is frustrating and irritating but when you have a dealer and customer support acting like they have no clue about anything or blowing smoke up your backside it adds to the frustration. If it's weather, rail cars, options holding it up what ever then say it, don't just make things up.
Agreed, but if you look at it from the other side, how would it be possible for Chrysler to provide that type of info on thousands of vehicle orders? It would take a huge call center dedicated to updating customers.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Wow that was out of line ego....and way to personal....once buddy explained why he was so pissed it became more understandable.....the salesman just doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground and is giving the poor guy the run around. I would be pissed too!!! And as far as you waiting so long i have read other guys in here reach out to help you and it doesnt seem like you want it...instead you go on about a subaru on a ram froum.....read back on some of your posts....."utterheartbreak for this ram fan" dude i gotta say it for everyone here you are way fuckin WEIRD!! I dont care if u kick me off here if you can even do that....and i dont know this charlie brown guy but shit dude that post you put on here was balls

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It is as simple as punching in your vin number, no call center needed. I see it everyday at the GM plant, every vehicle that leaves the plant is scanned and scanned again when it is loaded on rail or truck. The lot where the vehicles are parked have numbered spaces, they know where they are. All my GM contact did yesterday was give my vin number to his Chrysler contact and that person knew exactly where the truck is. I don't see any reason why customer service or even a dealer can't have access to the same system or at least be able to contact someone that can tell them.

Ego, I am at least fighting this and demanding answers and demanding to know exactly what is going on. Everyone that has ordered a truck is entitled to know what is going on with their order truthfully with no run around, we are customers after all.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The frustration level is high with Ram. We've all been there with the misinformed dealers, the poor tracking system and many delays. By now many of us know much more than the employees we are dealing with. No question that we deserve better as customers but that's true of most of the corporate world, especially our clumsy auto manufacturing industry. Let's just deal with it in our own way and keep the noise to a minimum here. If we find a previously unknown way to get useful information about the system or a constructive way to change Fiat Chrysler, that is something worth posting. Coming down on each other or a hapless salesman is probably not the best use of our time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sometimes people just need to vent some anger. Everyone has done it at some point. Ego has a lot going on and found a place to vent. I did the same thing on another forum when someone was complaining about a minor scratch they found on PDI. The trucks are shipped on transports and scratches happen. Normally I would not respond to that post but I had just found out my father in law has stage 4 cancer. I exploded on him about the stupid scratch. That was out of character for me and they cut me some slack. Maybe we do the same for EGO.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think you're missing the point. I'm not getting my truck built. Ram isn't going forward with additional batches of my combination of equipment and options. I'm not getting the truck, despite my wait. I'm getting my money back. I contacted customer service, I escalated my issues, I talked to the dealer principal, I talked to OMVIC(the governing body of motor vehicle sales on Ontario) and my only recourse is to ask for my money back. I fought for what I wanted until legally I'm forced to get a refund and buy something else. That is my only option for a new vehicle. If someone gave me the option of paying $5,000 more, or waiting a few more weeks I'd have taken it...in March. I tried that. But you're right. You guys are customers. I've spent more time talking about and shopping for my truck that doesn't even exist. So I'm not a customer and shouldn't complain at all should I...talking about a truck that doesn't exist for 6 months doesn't make me seem crazy so I sure wouldn't want to seem pissed off...

·
Registered
396 Posts
You have ever right to be upset..... and so does the OP. my point is you made it sound like the OP had no right to complain. actually more than that is how harsh you came acoss doing so.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You have ever right to be upset..... and so does the OP. my point is you made it sound like the OP had no right to complain. actually more than that is how harsh you came acoss doing so.
Forum posts can be hard to interpret.
That's just the way EgoDiesel expresses himself. I don't read too much into it.
If you don't like a post, report it to the moderator. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts