RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I never order the 4 coil air suspension on my new truck. I was told it could be a problem as the truck gets older..cold weather etc..Anyone have good information on it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have one friend that got the fancy adjustable suspension on a 2500 Suburban, it failed after two years and too much $$ to get repaired. Had another friend with a Yukon, same thing. I looked real hard at this option (about $1,600.00) and felt that #1 it was too much money for me and #2 was bound to fail because I drive about 12 to 30 miles a day on dirt roads on the weekends. I opted to install AirLift air bags #60818 on the rear.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I never order the 4 coil air suspension on my new truck. I was told it could be a problem as the truck gets older..cold weather etc..Anyone have good information on it.
I suggest you start a new topic on air suspension or simply add to one of the existing discussions such as http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-towing-hauling/33-airbags-ram-1500-diesel.html. Air suspension does not belong under the title, "rebates? 2500."

As for rebates, they change near the beginning of each month. If you ordered in March there are some rebates you may be able to lock in. Otherwise, see what is available in the month of delivery--probably April for most of us.

The air suspension was introduced in 2013 and from what I can tell it is a solid, high-end system that works well in demanding conditions. There have been a few reports of minor problems in other Ram and Jeep forums (it is also available on the Grand Cherokee), but there are also many posts by owners who said that they were initially unsure about whether to order the option but now would not be without it. Longevity is unknown, of course, so we each have to weigh its many advantages--factory installed, automatic load leveling, various modes from parking to off-road, better ride--with the added complexity and potential problems. I will get an extended factory warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts