RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the EGR Recall done on my 2015 Ram Ecodeisel with 14,500 miles on truck. Got the truck back and two days later had a whistle type air leak coming from area of the new EGR. Took it back to the dealer and they told me that a pipe had to tightened down. Drove it home and two days later the air leak was back. Noise gets louder when I accelerate and the turbo kicks in. Took it back to the dealer for a 2nd time for the air noise (3 total visits) and they had my truck all day to tell me that the noise was coming from my turbo. NOT! My turbo never had that whistle air noise prior to the EGR Recall. Now I'm going to take it to another Ram dealer for them to look at my truck. If anyone out there has the same issue with this noise or any ideas as to the problem let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Could be intake tube or intercooler tube. They are supposed to remove one of the intercooler tubes to pressurize the intake manifold to check for leaks, while doing the EGR recall (if certain codes are present). Good chance they didn't get one tightened back down correctly. I know when I installed aftermarket intercooler tubes it took about 6 times to get them tightened down correctly, the first 5 times had all sorts of weird hissing and air leak noises.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the EGR Recall done on my 2015 Ram Ecodeisel with 14,500 miles on truck. Got the truck back and two days later had a whistle type air leak coming from area of the new EGR. Took it back to the dealer and they told me that a pipe had to tightened down. Drove it home and two days later the air leak was back. Noise gets louder when I accelerate and the turbo kicks in. Took it back to the dealer for a 2nd time for the air noise (3 total visits) and they had my truck all day to tell me that the noise was coming from my turbo. NOT! My turbo never had that whistle air noise prior to the EGR Recall. Now I'm going to take it to another Ram dealer for them to look at my truck. If anyone out there has the same issue with this noise or any ideas as to the problem let me know. Thanks
Had VB1 completed on April 13th & next moring had this same issue then it went away for a day, next morning same thing. Long story short been back to dealership four times since for the issue & they say nothing is wrong evrything sounds normal. Enough for myself no longer fun. New Hemi in my future once production starts up again.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'll bet they cracked the very fragile exhaust up-pipe that goes from near the turbo up to the EGR.
The cracks are hard to see as they usually develope near the accordion shaped ribs in the bend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update 5/15/20: Took my truck to another Ram dealer, Suresky's in Goshen, NY and had them check my vehicle for the air leak. I dropped it off and they called me back about an hour later to advise me that they had found the problem. The gasket between EGR cooler to the cooler tube had the tab bent over causing the gasket not seal correctly. This is what was causing the air leak and whistling sound. Great job by Suresky's in Goshen. After picking up my truck I called the other dealer who could not find the problem after two trips and advised them that my truck was repaired and of what the issue was. Now I know why I was told the EGR replacement was a five hour job and they called me two hours later and said my truck was ready. I had opened up a case with Ram Customer Service prior to my trip to Suresky's so that I wouldn't get charged. No charge at Suresky's. Great Service manager (Tony Pitt) and dealership!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Bobhd,
Are you still experiencing this? If so, please send us a private message as we would like to help you get this concern addressed.

Lydia
RamCares

Reactions: NPRBoy and MR. TED

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yay, RamCares comes through! Dealer had no clue what was going on with the EGR recall and thought parts weren't even made yet and service mgr was spitting out dates from June something (probably the date 2017s up will be added) to April 2021; very confused. RamCares contacts dealer and truck was done very next day! Only downside was I had to give back the great 2018 Ecodiesel Jeep GC before I could really enjoy it!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Problem with EGR recall clearly seems to be at the dealer level, no surprise there. RamCares is definitely helping us deal with the dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We all need to sue FCA over this EGR **** up , Ram cares what a joke .
Ram care is a joke ! We all want our money back . I recently had to have my CSS and Tone wheel replaced . Trying to get reimbursement is like pulling teeth . I sent them everything they asked three times . They talked to the garage who did the work and three weeks later still no reply .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts