RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting numbers here!

I wonder what this will do for resale value for the gen-2's and sales of the new 2020 gen-3's?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nothing, If anything they would go up. Recalls are a good thing. It shows they have identified a problem and are willing to stand by it and fix it for free. I have seen many things that should have been recalled and weren't. Resale always goes down with the new model year coming out. Its a fact of life . Get used to it. Dont forget the Vast majority of these trucks are trouble free and in demand. With other brands offering a 3.0 diesel also of course resale and demand will go down. Again . Fact of life.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Good to view the issue in the news. Bad to think of all the parts needed to fix it and all the expense involved. Guessing some correct parts have been made. Guessing lots more need to be made. Figuring this issue will take months to resolve based on the numbers of vehicles, amount of parts and the labor needed to arrange and do all those replacement.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'd say resale value is already down due to the glut of 2017 and 2018 models that resulted after the long delay in releasing the 2017's. I understand the 2017 and 2018 models were sold new at larger discounts than previous, so that didn't help resale value of the ones sold before that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good to view the issue in the news. Bad to think of all the parts needed to fix it and all the expense involved. Guessing some correct parts have been made. Guessing lots more need to be made. Figuring this issue will take months to resolve based on the numbers of vehicles, amount of parts and the labor needed to arrange and do all those replacement.
Months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nothing, If anything they would go up. Recalls are a good thing. It shows they have identified a problem and are willing to stand by it and fix it for free. I have seen many things that should have been recalled and weren't. Resale always goes down with the new model year coming out. Its a fact of life . Get used to it. Dont forget the Vast majority of these trucks are trouble free and in demand. With other brands offering a 3.0 diesel also of course resale and demand will go down. Again . Fact of life.
Stand by it? No. They were told to fix it by the NHTSA. Only thing FCA is concerned about is getting to the end of the warranty periods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
October 24, 2019 FCA Recall # VB1 NHTSA Recall # 19V-757 , On FCA sight, will not post , still showing a TBD date... Just ordered 2020 Next Gen 3 liter... Tuesday 5 November 2019, F status, the new truck was in the paint booth, and heading down the line.... maybe I pulled the trigger too early...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just ordered 2020 Next Gen 3 liter... Tuesday 5 November 2019, F status, the new truck was in the paint booth, and heading down the line.... maybe I pulled the trigger too early...
Let us know how you like the 2020. I think it's going to be a good engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine has been sitting for 2 months waiting on parts to replace the EGR Cooler that was ingesting 1/2 gal of coolant in 32 miles trips. After 6 emails to FCA and the Dealer I finally got a part and they are replacing as we speak, I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mine has been sitting for 2 months waiting on parts to replace the EGR Cooler that was ingesting 1/2 gal of coolant in 32 miles trips. After 6 emails to FCA and the Dealer I finally got a part and they are replacing as we speak, I will let you know how it goes.
Hi: Thunderstrike44... Don't worry Poo Joe will be right there to help pay!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts