RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's hit 95 deg F a few days this month in N. Ohio I'm enjoying the A/C in my 2014. It's plenty cold and does the trick but one of the things I like to do is hit the Recirculate button in the center stack once the interior cools off so I'm not pulling in hot air from outside but re-cooling the already-conditioned air in the cabin. Much more efficient and easier on the A/C compressor.

The button lights up but I don't notice a change in the sound of the airflow as I would expect and as happens with other vehicles we've owned. I had a Jeep Commander and the bell crank gear that controlled the vanes in the dash intake plenum was a known failure point and I replaced it. Worked great after that and did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Is there a similar problem in our trucks? Or is there no change in sound when you push your recirculate button? Here's the button I'm talking about:

White Black Automotive design Motor vehicle Grey

Bob

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,744 Posts
The system ignores the recirc button when the Auto function is selected, same applies if either of the defrost settings are selected.
You can see the recirc damper if you pull the glove box out, lower or upper, it looks like a white accordion.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome - thanks gents!

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts