RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are having shorter regens of your DPF Filter Arch Oil has a good additive designed to clean the fuel system and the Diesel Particle Filter (DPF), it is called AR6400-D. This additive works, I have attached a short video talking about the additive showing the bottle so you know what to look for.

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,419 Posts
Glad to hear you are having those results with AR6400-D. As you reported in the video it is used when needed or every 5000 miles. For ongoing use, you should be using their AR6200 every fillup. Using AR6200 regularly you probably wouldn't need the 6400.

I used to distribute, retail sell, and use Archoil products. I never, nor has any customer reported that any Archoil product improved active regen intervals. They do say that AR6400-D "Eliminates DPF build-ups and reduces regens". They have excellent products and they have always been honest regarding what their products will do. I was told that 6400 is a stronger mix of their 6200, which I used religiously. So, from my experience, I am suspect of the regen and DPF claim.

Again, I'm not disputing your claim of effectiveness, just a bit suspicious.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I don't doubt your claim. I noticed that my regen interval had dropped from 725 miles down to around 500 miles. Hot Shot Extreme did fix mine, it's back to 720 miles on the last tank and my mpg has gotten even better, getting over 800 miles on the last 2 tanks. Additives do work. I think I'll be more proactive in the future with dosing, additives are relatively cheap, diesel is not.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear you are having those results with AR6400-D. As you reported in the video it is used when needed or every 5000 miles. For ongoing use, you should be using their AR6200 every fillup. Using AR6200 regularly you probably wouldn't need the 6400.

I used to distribute, retail sell, and use Archoil products. I never, nor has any customer reported that any Archoil product improved active regen intervals. They do say that AR6400-D "Eliminates DPF build-ups and reduces regens". They have excellent products and they have always been honest regarding what their products will do. I was told that 6400 is a stronger mix of their 6200, which I used religiously. So, from my experience, I am suspect of the regen and DPF claim.

Again, I'm not disputing your claim of effectiveness, just a bit suspicious.
Actually Archoil AR6500 Diesel treatment is the number for the diesel fuel only additive for every fill up if you want to stay with diesel fuel only additives.

AR6500 Diesel Treatment is an everyday additive that protects your fuel system and boosts power, response and MPG at every fill-up.
  • Improves combustion efficiency
  • Cleans injectors, turbo and DPF (reduces regens)
  • Lubricates and protects the fuel system
  • Reduces maintenance and extends component life
  • Increases fuel economy
  • Boosts cetane up to 8 points

The AR6200 is for gas and diesel engines so I would assume it has a different make up to work with both gas and diesel fuel.

AR6200 Fuel Treatment Lubricates and protects entire fuel system
  • Reduces smoke, soot and carbon build-up
  • Maintains turbo and DPF (reduces regens)
  • Dissolves sludge and stabilizes fuel for extended storage
  • Suitable for use in gasoline and diesel fuel

As for additives I have been using Hot Shot every day treatment and I have been using Hot Shot Extreme. Every tank has had an additive in it. I was using Power Service Diesel Kleen when I bought the truck new but because of the design of the bottle and the double door fuel inlet it was next to impossible to pour it in the tank even using the funnel that comes with the truck. I used the Diesel Kleen twice before I changed over to Hot Shot products.

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,419 Posts
Actually Archoil AR6500 Diesel treatment is the number for the diesel fuel only additive for every fill up if you want to stay with diesel fuel only additives.

AR6500 Diesel Treatment is an everyday additive that protects your fuel system and boosts power, response and MPG at every fill-up.
  • Improves combustion efficiency
  • Cleans injectors, turbo and DPF (reduces regens)
  • Lubricates and protects the fuel system
  • Reduces maintenance and extends component life
  • Increases fuel economy
  • Boosts cetane up to 8 points

The AR6200 is for gas and diesel engines so I would assume it has a different make up to work with both gas and diesel fuel.

AR6200 Fuel Treatment Lubricates and protects entire fuel system
  • Reduces smoke, soot and carbon build-up
  • Maintains turbo and DPF (reduces regens)
  • Dissolves sludge and stabilizes fuel for extended storage
  • Suitable for use in gasoline and diesel fuel

As for additives I have been using Hot Shot every day treatment and I have been using Hot Shot Extreme. Every tank has had an additive in it. I was using Power Service Diesel Kleen when I bought the truck new but because of the design of the bottle and the double door fuel inlet it was next to impossible to pour it in the tank even using the funnel that comes with the truck. I used the Diesel Kleen twice before I changed over to Hot Shot products.
AR6500 is new. When I was selling and using there was no 6500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts