RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...did you know that the Regular cab Eco-D's don't come with the dual exhaust?
I didn't know that until a few minutes ago after seeing pic's of my truck for the 1st time.

Don't really both me....just kinda surprising.... Oh well.
Also the little sark-fin antenna is at the front near the windshield and not the rear of the cab.
Thats very good thing for me as my calculations indicate i would have only had 1" clearance between it and the garage door frame if it were mounted at the back of the cab.

Truck is at the dealer.....hope to have it delivered by the end of next week.

ecod1.jpg ecod2.jpg ecod3.jpg

·
Registered
391 Posts
that looks awesome!!! kind of a bummer on the exhaust, i kind of like it on these trucks for some reason. But really love you truck man!

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Nice truck indeed. I wanted a regular cab Laramie Longhorn but they haven't made the nice leather interior in a regular cab for many years. I got rid of my 2000 Laramie regular cab and 8' box for the new ECODIESEL and the old one had the best interior Dodge made at the time. The 8' box is nice since with a tonneau or topper you can keep a 4x8 sheet covered and protected from the weather. Not the case with the crew cab bed lengths and an 8' bed with crew cab is just too darn long anyhow.

I am sure you will like it and I bet the price was right for the diesel too.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I wants to get me a shark fin antenna! Lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks great. I'm surprised you don't get duals but knew my tradesman didn't have them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The dual exhaust only on Big Horn and up models... at least here in Canada... any lower models have a single exhaust...

·
Registered
613 Posts
haha. yup, at least all of the trucks I have seen, anything big horn/ up have been dual
The US models of the Outdoorsman trim level have a single exhaust.

·
Registered
360 Posts
They do in Canada too... the Outdoorsman is an SLT with couple different packages... still a lower model then the Big Horn.
At least for US Outdoorsman isn't lower than Big Horn. The Big Horn can have almost all the Outdoorsman stuff added to it but the Outdoorsman comes with the Luxury Group, 8.4A, skid plates, tow hooks as the base, all of those are options in a Big Horn. BOTH are SLT option groups, not separate model lines.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts