RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to work at a Mopar parts department and have part number 68493358AA available? I'm trying to track one down and cannot find one due to a backorder. I hope someone happens to have one available. (Long shot it seems)

· Registered
6,582 Posts
Anyone happen to work at a Mopar parts department and have part number 68493358AA available? I'm trying to track one down and cannot find one due to a backorder. I hope someone happens to have one available. (Long shot it seems)
If you google the part number you can reach out to any of a number of Mopar parts retailers.

· Registered
568 Posts
When mine went bad I found one on Ebay. It came from a Mopar dealer in Greece (the one in Europe)! The PN was for a Jeep with the same engine, but it worked fine in my Ram. BTW, Ram Cares was less than helpful.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When mine went bad I found one on Ebay. It came from a Mopar dealer in Greece (the one in Europe)! The PN was for a Jeep with the same engine, but it worked fine in my Ram. BTW, Ram Cares was less than helpful.
Oh, haha, I saw that on eBay, too and was thinking "do I dare...". No problems with the part?

I'll have to message @RamCares and hope for a better experience

· Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 276,000 KM.
2,347 Posts
I have a spare one in my glovebox just for this reason. Was $40 canadian and gives me some peace of mind especially with covid parts shortages.
Where did you order it from?

· Registered
2,162 Posts

· Registered
2,162 Posts
Did you contact a local dealership for the part? If they don't have it they may be able to get one from another dealers parts department. However unless the truck is down, waiting for parts, dealerships are under no obligation to share parts. With the national parts shortages most dealerships are hoarding hard to find parts.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you contact a local dealership for the part? If they don't have it they may be able to get one from another dealers parts department. However unless the truck is down, waiting for parts, dealerships are under no obligation to share parts. With the national parts shortages most dealerships are hoarding hard to find parts.
Truck is down, they put it in as a "VOR - Vehicle Off Road" ticket, if I am remembering the term right. Either way it was flagged it is not running.

I contacted MoparPartsGiant yesterday, actually. The answer I got was that it's available, but if it's not they'd let me know, lol - kinda a non-answer. I put in an order. Worst case I'll have a back up.

· Registered
222 Posts
Oh, haha, I saw that on eBay, too and was thinking "do I dare...". No problems with the part?

Hey there,

We're so glad you tagged us! Yes, please send us a message. We'd love to dig into this with you.

Callie
Ram Cares

· Registered
568 Posts

Truck is still running fine over a year later. Ram cares could not tell me if the part would work, they would not ask engineering, they said the dealer would have to try it! When I explained where the tone ring was located between the engine and transmission she simply said she was not a mechanic.

· Registered
4,295 Posts
I was fortunate. My tone wheel went out at approximately 5:30 AM on the drive to the dealer for the airbag recall. I still had nearly a two-hour drive, but it got us there. The dealer said it would take a day or two to get the part in, so they got me a rental. 4 days later, the tone wheel and airbag recalls were complete!

We didn't drive the 2015 EcoDiesel long distances for two years because of the tone wheel. Instead, we drove the 2020 EcoDiesel during that period. Now, we're back to making long trips with the 2015. (y)

By the way, I pulled up to the dealer and said, "Well, I'm here for the air bag recall, but I'm also here for the tone wheel recall", then I showed her this:

· Registered
130 Posts
just ordered me one as a spare to have on hand thanks for the link.
Well just got this form the link:

Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

If you have further questions, contact us.

Regards,
Customer Service
Moparpartsgiant.com

Oh well I’ll keep looking for a spare.

· Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
15,070 Posts
Well just got this form the link:

Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

If you have further questions, contact us.

Regards,
Customer Service
Moparpartsgiant.com

Oh well I’ll keep looking for a spare.
Hide this post. It will traumatize many who still own the older ecodiesel. Can't imagine going somewhere, having the reluctor trouble and being stuck there "forever".

It's a joke, right?

· Registered
1,822 Posts
Hmmm...... this might help. Showing stock with the following.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts