RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Remote start heat setting

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Crash68 
#1 ·
2018 ecodiesel Bighorn edition here. So, when I get in my truck after having remotely started it, the heat setting is on the coolest! The whole point of this is to defrost the windshield and warm up the interior. Why doesn't the climate control stay in the same setting as it was left the night before? There is no "auto" on this truck, all manual controls.

#2 · (Edited)
You answered you own question, it doesn't have an "Auto" mode. Why would a manual control HVAC system automatically turn on the heat?
If you want the defrost on when you remote start the truck, turn the heat up and set the defrost mode before turning the truck off. EcoDs with the manual temperature control in particular, you want to set the temperature setting above 3/4 of the way or higher for the supplemental PTC electric heaters to kick in.
I actually added the automatic temperature control to my Outdoorsman(the non-chrome version of a BigHorn), it's only single zone but it does turn the defrost on by itself. You have to add the cabin temperature sensor and the humidity sensor then enable it using AlfaOBD. The mod itself will run you about $300 between sensors and wiring harnesses provided the truck already has an 8.4 radio.

The Auto-Comfort on only applies to the heated seats, steering wheel and mirror defroster which only works below 40°F(4.5°C) and if you have it set for all or remote starts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.