RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
GDE could still sell here if they chose to. They decided to stop selling here with good reason though. No reason to challenge CARB's threat when they have 49 other states to sell to.
GDE has been informed by CARB that we need an Executive Order from them in order to sell in California. The off-road clause is not enough for that state. We have inquired to CARB about obtaining an EO, but this is going to take some months it seems and be very costly due to needing to run a lot of emission testing. All in due time and we will be back selling in CA...God willing.
Doesn't appear to be a choice to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not a single one of you is talking about the DPF, regen or oil contamination. Whazzup, no scientists out there??

So: Will this go juice produce proper oil contaminants during regen, so as the contaminants will evaporate out of 507.00 engine oil, or will said contaminants build up as with biofuel and wreck the engine?
So: Will this fuel produce fluffy carbon soot that will burn into ash at a much higher ratio than petrol diesel and therefore use up the life of the DPF faster?
So: Is there such a mineral content as to cause surface contamination of the catalytic converter inside the DPF??
So: Will this product provide adequate lubrication for the HPFP??
So: What is the water content since it is made from veggie oil, likely with water molecules glommed onto some of the fatty acid chains??
So: What of the chemistry change over time. Biodiesel is only good for 6 months, after which the acid content and water born chemistry rapidly gets too high.
So: Can the vapors more rapidly brittlize the plastic in injection system parts like the pressure sensors?

I am stretch the shite out this here, but no one else will even get started. All the manufacturer has to say is typical mesmerizing happy talk.

I have found that Propel fuel often causes really bad leakage in older IDI and Tdi diesels with external belt driven fuel pumps. The volatile esters are just too different from regular diesel, and all the old seal contract, degrade and leak hard. Probably leakage is not going to be a big problem with cars under 5 years old and less than 80,000 miles. Do you want to risk a very expensive fuel system on a poor fuel choice? Damn sure not going to pour this in my A7 Tdi.

Some buddy start talking reality here, not just consumerism.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Excellent questions Jsme! I am glade you asked this. As I read what everyone had to say I was wondering if anyone would bring that up. Obviously must still be new enough that not enough people are using it yet to really comment accurately. Usually in life it seems if something sounds too good to be true... it usually is. I hope I am wrong as if it really does have all these benefits and no real negatives other than lack of availability this would be fantastic. But I am a bit hesitant to believe everything. After all I remember when everyone first thought biodiesel was perfect now we now that is not entirely true. But nothing is. I know this is a bit dated now but did anyone ever get much experience? Is there anyone closer to the Midwest that knows of some availability or is it just a California thing? Certainly interesting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not a single one of you is talking about the DPF, regen or oil contamination. Whazzup, no scientists out there??

So: Will this go juice produce proper oil contaminants during regen, so as the contaminants will evaporate out of 507.00 engine oil, or will said contaminants build up as with biofuel and wreck the engine?
So: Will this fuel produce fluffy carbon soot that will burn into ash at a much higher ratio than petrol diesel and therefore use up the life of the DPF faster?
So: Is there such a mineral content as to cause surface contamination of the catalytic converter inside the DPF??
So: Will this product provide adequate lubrication for the HPFP??
So: What is the water content since it is made from veggie oil, likely with water molecules glommed onto some of the fatty acid chains??
So: What of the chemistry change over time. Biodiesel is only good for 6 months, after which the acid content and water born chemistry rapidly gets too high.
So: Can the vapors more rapidly brittlize the plastic in injection system parts like the pressure sensors?

I am stretch the shite out this here, but no one else will even get started. All the manufacturer has to say is typical mesmerizing happy talk.

I have found that Propel fuel often causes really bad leakage in older IDI and Tdi diesels with external belt driven fuel pumps. The volatile esters are just too different from regular diesel, and all the old seal contract, degrade and leak hard. Probably leakage is not going to be a big problem with cars under 5 years old and less than 80,000 miles. Do you want to risk a very expensive fuel system on a poor fuel choice? Damn sure not going to pour this in my A7 Tdi.

Some buddy start talking reality here, not just consumerism.
I sent your questions to Propel to see if they answer them. So far I like the fuel. Engine runs quieter and a little more pep. Suppose to make less soot which wants to kill our engines they added lubricity. Slight mileage increase.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts