RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Just curious , has anyone ever looked at just replacing their diffuser tube instead of trying to clean it? Looks like they are about 130$ from mopar direct online brand new. Not saying money is no object here but my fear would be dislodging something cleaning mine that could cause further damage which may or may not even be possible. My particular situation is 103k mile truck which I recently did the map sensor and I was unable to clean it well so I purchased a brand new one. Anyway just a thought but wondering if it’s worth It, thank you

·
Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,186 Posts
What did you use to try to clean the MAP sensor? I haven't done it yet, but everyone I see posting pictures of them show a gross nasty one and a cleaned one that looks new. I see no benefit to replacing either, they appear easily cleanable. You probably dislodge the most stuff when you pull the diffuser tube out, that will happen weather you replace with new or not.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
The biggest worry about dislodging something off it when cleaning is when removing it from the engine. Once its out its easy to clean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the insight, I used a crc sensor cleaner on the map sensor and I got it decent but there were some pretty hard deposits I couldn’t get off. I bought the truck preowned with 74k and clearly it hadn’t been cleaned before. I probably should have done it right when I purchased but ended up doing it around 100k. I did purchase a gde compliant tune and will be cleaning the new map sensor periodically. Basically with the diffuser tube I was more concerned with cleaning inside the tube but maybe I just need to dive into it and give it a go

·
Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,186 Posts
Ive got 110k miles on mine havent cleaned the diffuser tube or MAP, truck runs fine. I do plan to pull the MAP soon.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I changed my fuel filter at 17,129 miles and used the drained fuel to clean the tube (removed). Just kept pouring it back and forth through the tube until it was fairly clean. Diesel fuel is a decent solvent for oily and tar like residue. I finished it off with some brake cleaner or something similar probably, can't remember. Let it air dry before installation. Haven't checked it since, the EGR was turned off that same day I cleaned it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: MAS and Ecosparky
1 - 7 of 7 Posts