RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the "3 things you don't like" thread, I noticed that the radio antenna was mentioned. Has anyone replace the OEM whip style antenna with a shorty, billet type?

There are some on ebay, both bright and black. I rarely even use the radio, so reception wouldn't matter to me. Also, the whip wouldn't have to be removed at the car wash each time. I could just leave it off, but I would want to put something there.

Recommendations, anyone?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was looking at antennas the other day as well. I didn't find anything that had very good reviews as far as reception goes. The FM radio reception sucks.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'll chime in here. Rather like the reception of this system so far. Some radios tend to try and hold a station that is delivering less than a satisfactory quality signal. This one seem IMHO cut the less desirable quality signal out to maintain the sound purity.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got one of the shorty billet antenna's and well. It made it so i can barley listen to any FM stations. Going to look into the rubber 13" one. maybe that will be better

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely get the flexible one. My billet antenna lasted 6 weeks (about 4 car washes) and then broke off. Car wash owner said that rigid antennas cannot withstand the rotating brushes over time. It may last through several washes, but it will eventually snap off. Luckily I was able to "easy-out" the stud and I've got a rubber one on order.

Of course, you could remove a billet antenna before each car wash, but I'd forget.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I run the Stubby on mine, by the way we sell them :)

It picks up the FM pretty well but I live in the Chicagoland area so the reception from those stations is pretty strong.

unnamed49_zps74950e2d.jpg

James
RSD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts