RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im looking into replacing my intake manifold after I delete my tuck. I watched a few videos on how to do it. I saw they removed / disconnect the injector lines, would I have to prime the system once I reinstall them? or just crank the engine?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'd also replace the coolant hose that runs under the manifold. Treat those injector lines like they were made of glass.

Reactions: Dennisvab

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Safer to replace lines with new...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iv heard of people reusing some of the lines. I will replace any that look a bit off. Now about reinstall to prime or not to prime ? That Is the question :unsure:. I'm gonna replace both of the turbo coolant hoses for sure, does anyone know the size of the hose under the manifold? Iv heard of ppl upgrade the hose but I can't find the size

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think the coolant hose is listed in this thread, not exactly sure what page or post though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the coolant hose is listed in this thread, not exactly sure what page or post though...

@ ajb3015 thanks that's an awesome thread. I just went through it and got the info

Flexfab - 3/8" ID x 1 ft (Sold Per Foot) 5526 Blue Silicone Heater Hose 10mm J20R3 Class A 350F Radiator Coolant Part Number 5526-038

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I must be the only one who noticed this thread is in the for sale threads?:)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Reactions: 97hmcs
1 - 11 of 11 Posts