RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck stickers for $52600. Buying it for $45000. Question is in 2 years 60k miles what will trade value be on it to new one? In other words what did it cost to run for two years not counting service? Will truck be worth 33k in two years trade or $6000 a year? My Ridgeline after two years would of been 9k difference from what I paid. I am hoping this truck is not more than 12k max but am nervous. I pick it up today at 1pm.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My truck stickers for $52600. Buying it for $45000. Question is in 2 years 60k miles what will trade value be on it to new one? In other words what did it cost to run for two years not counting service? Will truck be worth 33k in two years trade or $6000 a year? My Ridgeline after two years would of been 9k difference from what I paid. I am hoping this truck is not more than 12k max but am nervous. I pick it up today at 1pm.
Check Kelly Blue Book on a 2012 Ram Laramie (loaded). It would sticker for a similar number as your Ecodiesel. Check the trade # based 60,000 miles. This will give you a rough estimate. The diesel may command a little bit of a premium over the 5.7 depending on how reliable these engines are......

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. I thought that too and just did it. I added $1500 to the trade in value being diesel because I truly believe it will get $1500 more and really think it will get the total $2500 more in my opinion. If you add it to the $1500 to it trade will be $31000 and $32000 if $2500 more. So about $13k or $6500 a year. that works

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm not concerned about resale. Going to drive this thing until the wheels fall off, then tape them back on and drive it some more. Got it Ziebarted today.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Ziebart eh? Man I remember that stuff from the 60's and 70's. Thought those aftermarket rustproofers were all out of business. Used to get all my vehicles done back then. One of the companies actually applied a product that held that salt water slush in airpockets and made things rust faster. I think that one was Irwin Rustproofing. Paid them only to find holes through the doors in two years. Lawsuit didn't work.

Thanks for the memories. .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldnt worry too much about resale, Id guess these trucks will hold their value much better with the Ecodiesel. Diesels in general hold their value very well compared to the gas models. That does have something to do with the initial price difference new, but also has to do with the diesel engine durability, longevity and mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts