RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my new 2020 Ecodiesel Limited I have the AFM displayed in the upper right hand quadrant of the dash display. How do you do a reset ? I want to know my average for every tankful.
. There are no instructions anywhere in the supplied manuals on how to do this reset. I have tried every method I can think of but no success. My 2015 hemi Limited was easy to reset but the 2020 does not operate the same way. Any suggestons?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't have a 2020 and recognize there may be no similarities between the two, but on my '14 ED I can't reset the AFM - I can only reset the Trip A and Trip B results. The AFM is a running 200 mile average so if I want a current, up to date mileage record I have to use one of the trip displays.

Again, the Gen3 trucks may be completely different.

Bob

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
Put this on the Gen 3 section for 2020's.

Others with the new model then surely have the same issue. Someone on that section of the forum must have dealt with this.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
but on my '14 ED I can't reset the AFM - I can only reset the Trip A and Trip B results. The AFM is a running 200 mile average so if I want a current, up to date mileage record I have to use one of the trip displays.
Yours is reset on the MPG screen that shows the current MPG in a bar graph. Push and hold the > button until the avg mpg resets.

·
Registered
271 Posts
After I refuel I always reset current MPG, all you do is push and hold the center "okay" button. After about one full second of holding it, it will reset. You do need to be on the fuel economy screen on the EVIC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts