RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two weeks without a post in the “Accessories” category? Come on guys!

okay, in an effort to provide some reading pleasure...
Yesterday I installed a set of Morimoto XB fog lights. Easy install and was finished in about 20 minutes. Now I need to adjust the height but it’s been raining so it’ll have to wait.

today I installed a set of PIAA 85115 “Superior Bass Horns.” This one took a lot more time. Had to remove the front left wheel well liner to access the horns which are mounted under the battery. Fairly well hidden. Getting the wiring done wasn’t too bad including soldering some wires together and putting heat shrink tubing over the soldered connections. Realigning the wheel well liners is a bitch. The PIAA horns are somewhat louder and have a deeper tone than stock. Plenty loud to get someone’s attention

also received a set of Maxsa Innovations “Escaper Buddy Traction Mats” for winter grocery trips in the woods. I’d really like to install a winch behind the bumper winch but that’s a bit out of the current budget.

This weekend it’s skid plate installation time!

Now what the heck are you guys adding, installing, building, fabricating?

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
greasing the front wheel bearings , thru the ABS sensor hole , is a nice project ...
----------

Wheel Bearings - Another Look

·
Registered
269 Posts
Man, if someone could clue me in on how to add fog lights to my 2015 SLT, you will someday save a life. Can't see SHIT when I turn. The side lights are downright Dangerous on these trucks. I don't see how NHTSA allows them on the road...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,037 Posts
Man, if someone could clue me in on how to add fog lights to my 2015 SLT, you will someday save a life. Can't see SHIT when I turn. The side lights are downright Dangerous on these trucks. I don't see how NHTSA allows them on the road...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
To add the factory control of the fog lights, you'll need a harness, headlight control knob, etc.
I sent you a PM with a link where to get the parts you'll need

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks, but since I have the lowly SLT, I don't even have a cut-out for the fogs. I have just a big dumb chrome bumper. At least I have tow hooks. I kick myself every day for not getting the Laramie :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures or it never happened...

:)
As soon as it quits raining and I can wash the “Smoke Wagon” I’ll post photos 📸

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Details on the kit? 1-10 scale on satisfaction the the mod?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bought the kit off eBay from bigjake21782. Fit and function are great; truck should come from the factory like this. Relatively easy install. It would be easier if the pictures in the instructions were better and possibly a wiring diagram for the y-harness.

1-10, I’d give it a 9. Only way it could be better is if the marker light dropped out in between the turn signal flashes, easy to do if it was a programmed feature, but with hardwiring it would require some more components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Below the each mirror is a small effects light that shines light on your door the ground and area when you unlock remote start etc that dies on all the early trucks. 14-15-16 models for sure. Many people do not catch on when it dies. But its a really cool effects light and you can see your surroundings where you are going to stand etc at night its also easy & cheap to replace. The factory replacement is a better brighter upgraded design that lasts much longer. I replaced mine like three four years ago and they are still working. (y)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Vern, those are the puddle lights. Only one of mine worked when I got the truck. The turn lights on the mirrors had dead LEDs in them too. Replaced all of them as well as the temp/humidity sensor on the windshield right off the bat after getting my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts