RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can Ram build a Truck from order date till shipping in 3 weeks and then take 5 weeks to ship it to dealer?
And for that and you have the pleasure of paying $1195 in shipping cost.
I think I can walk from Warren to Long Island in less time.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I agree with you.....but as I love to say.......don't ask me, I'm not in charge!! however, who ever is in charge is sure pissing off lots of folks!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I call every day now just to hear what stupid nonsense they come up with each time. Just told me that she looked up where it is (for 15 minutes) but that she can't advise me of the location. Then asks, is there anything else I can help you with? Just laughed and advised her that she hadn't helped me at all, what did she mean "anything else". I really hope they build trucks better than they sell and distribute them. I feel like I'm dealing with some guy that makes stuff in his garage! For 55 grand? This is getting scary!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Such is the state of rail shipping today. There is so much oil being shipped from North Dakota, it is putting pressure on all other traffic. Unfortunately, RAM is not the only one. Government Motors and Ford also have issues from the midwest facilities.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The rail issue is a joke. Search the web where is the big issue. I'm at week 13. The customer service is awful. They just keep saying the same thing everyday. They are clueless. I'm surprised more people aren't upset about this. It is my 3rd truck I have ordered from Dodge Ram or whatever and I have never seen a delay like this with no end in sight.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if your only at 8 weeks i wouldnt complain that much buddy
some have waited over 20 weeks
One thing I will never be is a Lemming, like most of the sheep in this country today, afraid to speak up when being bent over a barrel !!!!

Reactions: CB919 and Diesel997

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I know 2 other people in ontario who have ordered the average wait was 5 weeks longest guy was 8....

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Not al the time. Many go from start to finish quickly. My delivery was early March and I ordered "officially" Feb. 7th.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
We are all right there with you on the delivery times. I would say, 90% of us here ordered trucks. (only a few found one on the lot) Mine took 3 weeks to get shipped, and I'm only 200 mi away, in Pitt. As mentioned above... the rail system is back logged. But... the quoted "Order Time" is 8 weeks. So... regardless, it sounds like you got it within that time. (but we feel your pain)

As far as the shipping price... that's a $$$ that was averaged out. Guys that live 10 mi from Warren pay the same $1190 that a guy in San Diego CA pays. I'm sure it make's Ram's life much easier, than to calculate a shipping price for every truck. Besides... the guys way down in SoCal, Tx, or FL would be PISSED if they had to pay $3K~$4k to ship a truck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not al the time. Many go from start to finish quickly. My delivery was early March and I ordered "officially" Feb. 7th.
Lucky Bastard!! LOL. I am using my bike right now and getting wet. :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are all right there with you on the delivery times. I would say, 90% of us here ordered trucks. (only a few found one on the lot) Mine took 3 weeks to get shipped, and I'm only 200 mi away, in Pitt. As mentioned above... the rail system is back logged. But... the quoted "Order Time" is 8 weeks. So... regardless, it sounds like you got it within that time. (but we feel your pain)

As far as the shipping price... that's a $$$ that was averaged out. Guys that live 10 mi from Warren pay the same $1190 that a guy in San Diego CA pays. I'm sure it make's Ram's life much easier, than to calculate a shipping price for every truck. Besides... the guys way down in SoCal, Tx, or FL would be PISSED if they had to pay $3K~$4k to ship a truck.
True, My dad has his car shipped from NY to FLA and back every winter. Costs him $600.00 Now tell me Ram is not making money on that.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Following the shipping antics that some trucks have taken from factory to dealer has been an eye opener about the state of our national transport system. It is a convoluted process that is opportunity based. There is high demand and little supply of available rail cars and truck carriers. I read that auto transport is only around a percent of rail traffic and does not have high priority.

A few lucky customers get their trucks quickly, say in a couple weeks, but most have taken 4, 6 or more weeks. It goes something like this: build, store, wait, inspect, wait, install accessories, store, wait, load on rail, wait, travel to rail hub, wait for connection, travel (not always where you expect), change trains, travel, go to regional rail destination, off-load, store, wait, load on truck, wait, travel to various dealer destinations, and--yeah!--delivery to your dealer. If a truck arrives undamaged and in working order within 8 to 12 weeks it's a minor miracle. No wonder most buyers choose from what is on the dealer lot. Only a masochist or the supremely patient orders from the factory.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It also seems certain geographical areas get thier trucks consistently around the same time frame... Ie # of weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts