RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,898 Posts
Each of the pins in the trailer brake plug are individually fused, they're noted as "Trailer Tow"
Your '19 should be a Gen4 DS body truck, these fuse numbers should be the ones to check:
F53 ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
F28 FMM 20 amp Trailer Back up lights
F30 FMM 30 amp Direct from battery
F11 J Case 30 amp Brake Lever
Use a fuse checker or multi meter to verify if the fuses are good. The fuses are not energized unless that circuit/lights are On.
Another thing to check would be to pull the plug out of the back of the 7 pin plug and check for power there.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
1,951 Posts
those 7 pin plugs are notorious for getting moisture and corrosion after a time. The female plug on both of my Rams are pretty chincy, sometimes I have to push/pull the plug a few times to get a good connection.

I want brass blade connectors, but they seem to of gone extinct

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
1,951 Posts
Hi: surfram... It'll be pretty tough if you have to go around making "Left turns" all the time!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
It is always the right turn/brake light that is the problem child. One day I was messing with new bulbs, meter out, in the end, pushing and pulling the plug out several times got it to work. It still happens from time to time. Cheap crap, if I knew where go buy quality 7 pin connectors I would.

·
Registered
2019 Ram 1500 Larimie Diesel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Each of the pins in the trailer brake plug are individually fused, they're noted as "Trailer Tow"
Your '19 should be a Gen4 DS body truck, these fuse numbers should be the ones to check:
F53 ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
F28 FMM 20 amp Trailer Back up lights
F30 FMM 30 amp Direct from battery
F11 J Case 30 amp Brake Lever
Use a fuse checker or multi meter to verify if the fuses are good. The fuses are not energized unless that circuit/lights are On.
Another thing to check would be to pull the plug out of the back of the 7 pin plug and check for power there.
Thank you for the solution, found the right trailer fuse was blown, took a bit to get the right mini fuse but got it done. Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts