RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a 2014 ram outdoorman ecodiesel and I am planning on getting pocket style fender flares match paint of my truck from either bushwacker or m1 smity built anyone have experienced from any of those, and I was wondering what my offset will need to be on my rims to match with the fender flares that cover up 1.5 wheel clearance, I'm planning on putting 33"s
dura trac on a 17 inch rim

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Tire Rack should be able to tell you what the OEM offset is. I ordered my Ram with 17" wheels. Installing Mopar OEM fender flares.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The outdoorsman comes standard with wheel flairs, unless you delete them on you order some how. So you would be swapping them for pocket style bushwackers. This could make it more difficult or it could make it easier. I'm ordering a outdoorsman too. I'm going to see if the factory flair is enough for me after I get new wheels/tires, but I most likely will add a aftermarket flair. I want the two tone color scheme that comes standard on the outdoorsman so I will probably stick to the basic black unpainted unless I paint them gloss black to match. Good luck with your flairs. Are you going to go with any lift with the 33" tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah il be removing my factory and replacing them with the pocket style . I will be putting a levelling it with my 33 but I'm looking for a good stance for my tires , I got my truck dark red cherry , I wasn't a fan of the 2 tone with the red and black

·
Registered
366 Posts
Gonna probably look weird swapping them because factory flares go all the way and contour the bumper but bushwhacker just ends in the middle of nowhere. Seems like you shoulda got a different trim? If it comes to the point you need a bodyshop, did you save anything by not getting an SLT?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have the 2 tone I got one solid colour with chrome bumper and the fender flares stop right about at the lights on the ram like any other ram with pocket flares and the outdoorman suits more my needs

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Suits your needs more? You could have gotten the same truck in an SLT that includes 4x4 auto and saved enough money buying it to cover the cost of the flare swap. What features in the Outdoorsman were worth the added cost if you went monotone and dont keep the flares? You actually get less features for more money and only gain a couple body color parts(when you do what youre doing) and heavy duty shocks over a similarly equipped SLT. And the SLTs ship sooner.

Also, those flares meet the fascia not the bumper. Completely different look than the factory flares. Theres a 3-4" gap with bushwhacker. Then if you leave them black, the gap between the bumper(chrome) and flares(black) will be body-color and youll see the gap from a mile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts