RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I have a new ED on the way and I am very interested in installing a second battery for personal electronics. I do a lot of travel and camping and It's always an inconvenience to keep things charged. Would anyone happen to know if there is enough room under the hood for a second battery? I can always hide it in the bed but I feel having it under the hood would be much less clutter.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kadams! ...and I'm doubting, without a dedicated kit, there's any room to install a second battery under the hood. Watch a few of the video reviews online and you'll see shots of the engine - RAM seems to have claimed the spaces around the actual engine for themselves... ;)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sports is right, there is zero room under my hood for a battery!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Lol ya eh! Zero room for another one! I had a hard time finding a spot to mount relays!! It sure seems full under the hood....

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm seriously guessing that while driving, there should be more than enough to charge anything you want!! if you are camped at a spot for days, then either there will be a hook up or you should look at a solar charger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts