RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find on this forum where anyone has installed this kit. Anyone? Seems if 3" in the front and 1" lift in the rear makes it level and no other modifications are necessary that it may be good bang for the buck. Anyone with experience please chime in...

Rough Country 3" bolt-on lift kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't find on this forum where anyone has installed this kit. Anyone? Seems if 3" in the front and 1" lift in the rear makes it level and no other modifications are necessary that it may be good bang for the buck. Anyone with experience please chime in...

Rough Country 3" bolt-on lift kit
Had a look at this kit, and it does not fit on trucks with factory air ride suspension!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries for me...don't have air suspension. Thanks for pointing it out for those considering such a lift.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed the title kit today. I’m no mechanic but spent a bunch of time on my dad’s ranch growing up and have never been afraid of digging into a vehicle project and turning a few wrenches. I will be submitting recommended Changes to their instructions as there were a few items needing better clarity and detail. I’ve only test driven it about 5 but will respond when I get a few miles on the lift and provide my opinion.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wasn’t happy that the rear sat 1 3/8 lower than front due to my bed cover, tool box, tools, snow chains, emergency kit, etc. Decided to add a set of Timber Grove air bags (today). Quick test drive went fine. Went over a couple speed bumps which felt normal for a 1/2 ton truck. Happy that it’s level and lifted just enough to give me the clearance I need for BLM roads without getting crazy. Photos to follow when it quits raining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts