RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Just wanted to start this thread and kind of list/show modifications and improvements that we will be doing or have completed.

With the release of the EcoDiesel, they way it has been selling and the tremendous interest the aftermarket manufacturers are showing, there will be numerous performance products in the future to choose from.

Honestly I am horrible at documenting photos, I like to dig in and get the job finished lol.

I'll post pics and give you a brief description as to what was done as well as any install tips along the way.

Any comments or feedback please fell free to post anytime.

Thanks!
James
RSD

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call on going with the sport wheels! Can't wait to we more
New wheels and tires will be in the works, I am just having a hard time deciding what direction I want. My '12 6.7 I did a BDS 6 inch lift and 37's, nice but I am in my 40's and got kind of old. I have looked at the 2" front, 4" rear drop with 22's, so many choices!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
New wheels and tires will be in the works, I am just having a hard time deciding what direction I want. My '12 6.7 I did a BDS 6 inch lift and 37's, nice but I am in my 40's and got kind of old. I have looked at the 2" front, 4" rear drop with 22's, so many choices!!!
And to think I was going to start ordering all my parts with you :D haha Jk

But please don't drop, mild lift with 33-35" mt's on 22's

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I think the idea of a drop for a street truck is great. It would stand out, if not "up" and was one of the biggest directions for truck mods back when you and I were 16 - 18 years old. I raised and lowered trucks over the years. Both were fun for their purpose. I don't get lifting street trucks and never going off road. Too many downsides that the look doesn't make up for to me. But hell, its your truck, do what you want.

Fwiw, I've always been curious about lowered 4wd trucks. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? A belltech drop on a diesel? Sounds strange to me but it would be unique for sure.
No doubt, the truck is used for the business so it needs to be a little catchy. My head hurts trying to decide what direction to go. I have spent way too much money on wheel/tire combos in the past just not to like them, I want to do it right the first time on the EcoDiesel.

Truck will not haul anything but me and the wife. I have a gopher Powerstroke that fills that role nicely lol.

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
No doubt, the truck is used for the business so it needs to be a little catchy. My head hurts trying to decide what direction to go. I have spent way too much money on wheel/tire combos in the past just not to like them, I want to do it right the first time on the EcoDiesel.

Truck will not haul anything but me and the wife. I have a gopher Powerstroke that fills that role nicely lol.

James
RSD
Be different. Lower it. Not like it can't be changed later. ;)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If you lowered it, it would be pretty sweet once the aftermarket is there to really make it scream. Drop it, tub it, and make it a big tire truck. Make big power, and then go race those street outlaw punks in Oklahoma City lol.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
If you lowered it, it would be pretty sweet once the aftermarket is there to really make it scream. Drop it, tub it, and make it a big tire truck. Make big power, and then go race those street outlaw punks in Oklahoma City lol.
Lola... that show is some of the worst programming I've ever encountered. As if anything their filming doesn't require permits... lol Not saying street racing doesn't happen, but whatever real street racing is happening around OC, it ain't on that show..

OMG! Gotta run! I hear sirens...!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Edge Insight installed today, very simple install gang. Small flat tipped screwdriver and a 10mm socket and about 5-10 minutes of your time.

The cable you see is the power cable, once the door is closed you can not see it or you can drill a hole in the factory pillar and feed it through.

Right now the Insight is not recognizing my truck, Jared is working on a update to send me to show a few PID's. Keep in mind this has not been officially released for the EcoDiesel yet. The Insight, pillar pod and adapter all are available through us and once the updates are final you simply update your unit.

unnamed5_zpse07544fd.jpg

unnamed6_zps803dd8e7.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
well freak deal. Dealer called today and another lot wanted one of his vehicles and they told them only thing they would trade for is a Laramie 1500 diesel white truck they had. They called and told me and it just arrived and I told them id take it and I will get in morning. Id rather have mono white instead of white and silver but I told them ill take it. They made me a decent deal not fantastic but oh well. Rollin Diesel keep me updated on some upgrades that work well!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
with where you mounted the display, is it flush with the edge of the dash or does it stick out? i'm thinking of getting in / out of cab, is it something you're going to be smacking with an elbow or knee or whatever? also what about mounting in that useless slot/change area on top of the center dash area? not talking about on the center console where the cup holders are, but up high, above the Nav display...would it be possible to mount there?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
with where you mounted the display, is it flush with the edge of the dash or does it stick out? i'm thinking of getting in / out of cab, is it something you're going to be smacking with an elbow or knee or whatever? also what about mounting in that useless slot/change area on top of the center dash area? not talking about on the center console where the cup holders are, but up high, above the Nav display...would it be possible to mount there?
No interference at all, tucked away where you can reach the grab handle and not hit it with a elbow/knee.

It comes with a suction cup mount, I have seen them mounting many places over the years but the pillar is nice as it hides the cable.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts