RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine on today. They interfere with the Husky front mud flaps a bit. Had trouble mounting those flaps and removed the factory plastic protection strips on the back of the wheel wells to do it. Now the flaps just touch the front of the running boards. it will work.

These are Iboards - IB-D3179. They are sturdy and I see no issues. Mounting instructions are confusing. Once figured out it's quick and easy. Bit of shimming with washer to have them sit flat. No big deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
did you install these aftermarket or are these the MOPAR wheel to wheels steps? Dealer in installing my factory steps as it wasn't availbe for build that way...same with the spray in liner.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered them on Amazon. They were less than $150, came in less than a week. Simple to put on once you lay out the correct order for the supports. If I had to do it again by myself it would take me little more than an hour - start to finish.

You can jump up and down on them with out any movement. Big, heavy mounting brackets with giant bolts that have a metal pad that fits behind and into the factory mounting holes. I mean, nothing to it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Going to try and use the universal Westin boards off my GMC 2500HD. They provide good protection of mud and road gravel that gets thrown against the rocker panels and bottoms of the doors. Will need to order new mounting brackets.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I spent some time looking at nerf bars and settle on these 4" Cab Length OE Style Curved Oval Tube Side Step Bars - Raptor Series Truck Accessories The problem is that there's some confusion re. them fitting with our dpf tanks. Raptor's site says they do not fit 2500 series trucks with dpf tanks. Other sites explicitly say no fit for 1500 and 2500 trucks with dpf tanks. I'm going to give Raptor a call tomorrow and see if I can get a definitive answer.

Anyone know if our dpf tank is in the same location as the 2500 dpf tank?

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh?

The brackets attach to the sides of the truck. The fuel tank is way inboard of that with the DEF tank just in front ( I think) of the main tank so it looks like one long tank. There's a skid plate under the junction between the tanks and kind of hard to see which is which. I followed the DEF lines and it looks like they go foreward of the filler tube.

I cannot envision any running board brackets running afoul of the fuel tanks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Heh?

The brackets attach to the sides of the truck. The fuel tank is way inboard of that with the DEF tank just in front ( I think) of the main tank so it looks like one long tank. There's a skid plate under the junction between the tanks and kind of hard to see which is which. I followed the DEF lines and it looks like they go foreward of the filler tube.

I cannot envision any running board brackets running afoul of the fuel tanks.
Cool, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts