RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**UPDATE**

Thank you all for your support. We found a couple volunteers and will update you if you emailed us.

Hey guys I'm a representative at S&B Filters and we are currently looking for someone with a 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel near Fontana, CA who is willing to lend us their truck for about 3 hours for vehicle fitment. If you or someone you know is interested and lives near Fontana, CA please contact me through my information below. We will give you a free Cold Air Intake once the kit is released for volunteering. Thank you.

Ryan
S&B Filters

·
Registered
236 Posts
Haha Fairland Oklahoma Is just a few miles down the road from Fontana CA right? I cant wait till you release these I had them on my 04 5.9 and my 11 6.7 GREAT fitment and they look so dang good once installed. They really seem to clean up the under the hood looks. Not to mention you can hear and feel the turbo wake up. Good luck finding a test truck

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I use to live in Fullerton/Anaheim. But... I'm in Pitt PA now. Think the commute would be a little long.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
I'm just bringing it up. Hope someone out on that left coast sees this.

Oh - You have a place in South Florida?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I live in Fontana, Ca. PM me

·
Registered
231 Posts
I sent an email, but no response yet. Ill PM them too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
They called me back and I dropped the truck off this afternoon. The prototype is going to be computer generated from my truck. Kind of cool to know.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is pretty cool. I might get one of these when they get them out if for nothing else some audible turbo whine.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Judge.

Report if they pay you with the product. Nice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
They advised that the testing went good. There was a considerable difference in throttle response with the S&B kit installed. The engineer stated that it would be a similar system to what they have for the 2500/3500 Ram Diesel models. I was reading up on the 2500/3500 system while in the waiting room today. It looks like modified engines or people towing would benefit greatly from the cooler engine compartment temps too. I need to take it in at least one more time in the next month or two. Today was the fitting stage. There are some things they want to refine, but overall it sounded very promising. At the end of the testing they will give me a complete kit for my time. While they had my truck they gave me a 2013 Ram 1500 with the Hemi. It was very responsive, but I the drone of the exhaust was annoying. I like the quiet styling of the Ecodiesel. The cold air intake is supposed to have a nice sound compared to stock too. Ill report more as I get it.

Reactions: TC's 1500
1 - 11 of 11 Posts