RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be on a road trip tomorrow to Salem Ohio as they state in their ad in the Ohio Farm and Dairy that they have 50 Eco diesels on the lot between their two locations in Columbiana Oh and Salem Ohio. I have waited for this day since 14th of February, 2013. Just if the Credit Union had got me my autodraft today.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yep... no dealer has 50 ECODIESELs on the lot. the high volume lots in Pitt, don't even have them yet. Not to mention, even if he wanted fifty, they would limit him to a few.

******edit******

Ok, just checked both places. They may have 3 or 4 between the two lots, but only 2 of them have real pics. But I was surprised to see a bunch listed as "in transit".

Neither of the lots have more than 60 ram 1500's on the lot... so I don't know how they got allocation for more than a few trucks. I bet they are listing sold (ordered) trucks to look better.

Regardless..... good luck with the trip.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed the ad after they closed or would have called this evening but go thru their inventory listed on there website and see what they have listed coming in. They are all white and black but they show them in transit.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most dealer's have no clue what this truck is let alone be smart enough to order them and what a great play by a dealership to order and get in, very smart. I had a salesman today tell me that they are coming from mexico. That would be true if it was a 2500 but these are built in Warren, Mi.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Who knows the real story. But if you get there, and he really does have 50 on the lot... let us know.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not going to get there until the afternoon as the boy has a basketball game at ten and the daughter has dance class at eleven. I will be on the road at noon and with some luck I can get the post office to hold my mail and pick up the auto draft from the credit union. I like what they show as a discount as I was afraid they would not offer that much off MSRP so that is a good starting point and with my trade I will be at or lower payment the only requirements that the wife has given me.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hummmm.........

That dealer is about 1.5hrs from me....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my Eco from a small local Ram dealer and I was amazed how little info they had on the truck when I went in and ordered on March 1st. They originally told me about eight weeks for delivery but I told them they needed to do some checking as I was sure there was going to be quite a back log. They put a call into their Ram rep on the spot and he said do not promise delivery any earlier than 12 to 16 weeks from order date and it could run longer depending on how the ramp of production goes. I received an email two weeks ago that my order was received but there has been no movement since.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ordered mine on 2/8/14. Dealer placed order on 2/10/14. Suppose to take delivery on 3/24/14 or 3/25/14 according to conversation with dealer the other day.... will be 3/26/14 at the very latest.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ecoddog- My dealer is a small country dealer, Seelye Wright in PawPaw, Michigan. Guys there are great! This was the first ED they ordered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts