RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a chat with Dean, the Sales Manager at Firkins Dodge Chrysler Ram in Bradenton, Fl. He's a great guy to get information from. His information on ordering a 1500 diesel is ...

Rumors.

He is getting nothing concrete from Fiat/Chrysler. He has orders like mine waiting. He checks each morning. He finds out nothing on his factory ordering computer.

Stories he hears are the same we gab and grouch about. Maybe there will not be orders until dealers get what they first produce? There is/there is not production. They did/did not certify the fuel mileage. They fixed/never had a problem with the DEF emissions. It will be April, May, June before delivery if orders are taken.

Sorry. The truth is there is NO concrete information right now. Simple as that and that may be good to know for some of us.

Now it's Monday so I'm allowed to grouch.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I thought one or two of the boys from BC ordered Rams? - you would think if the folks in Canada ordered the Ram 1500, the US would follow in a matter of time. I don't think the emission system is any delay at all... It may have caused part of the delay before this point, but it's not the reason for the delay now.

Well Capt, at least in Bradenton, you'll have sunny weather, fishing, and spring training around the corner !

Marsman

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ride motorcycle almost every day. Rode three different bikes the past three days. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment and then take one daughter to the DMV with her new motorcycle on my little cycle trailer for inspection. Wednesday it's fishing offshore on my boat. Only thing is I tow something most weeks with the truck. In a week the toy hauler goes north to spend a night at a flat track race. This order is an issue. I am planning a week over at Daytona with the toy hauler. Then in June we tow it and some bikes to Wyoming for a prairie dog hunt and some motorcycle riding.

If this new truck is not ready for me by at least May I will maybe hold off on taking it until I get back. Will need time to "break it in" and outfit it with cap, extra fuel tank, running boards, mud flaps, window visors, cb, amateur radio and other essentials.

It's not out of the question I will not even be here for delivery and may defer to ordering a 2015 sometime in July for a September delivery. With no future schedule possible I plan on planning on and towing is a big part of my plans.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Retirement looks to be treating you well Capt ! Motorcycles, flat track races, ground squirrel hunting, and fishing.... dam, you are my hero !!

Me, I work 11-12 hours a day... archery hunt, fish when I can, sold all the motorcycles except 1..... Gave up the Mayor position in my town, so hope to fish more this year... tried golf, but the blades of grass cry when they know I am going to play golf.....

·
Registered
279 Posts
On the order, I am definitely waiting until summer. My son who works on a drill rig was just over, and while I think the Cummins inline is the most stout motor out there, pull the rear end out of a Rhino.... I liked my 2006 (shown here, as my 2006 Ram Cummins is now my nephew's truck) ...
I am considering another Duramax... it was a little more refined and a better ride, and still a very capable truck, and everyone in the family used it.

The wait is not an issue... .. will test drive the Ram 1500 when it comes out.... Son egging me on to get another Duramax... I know the virtues of fuel economy in the Ram 1500 vs a 3/4 ton and all that.... If I like the Ram 1500 a lot, will buy that, if not, prob a 2011-2012 used Duramax..

·
Registered
366 Posts
My truck is ordered but I'm in Ontario at the leading dealer in my sales territory. I think the constant factory is small dealers not being in the loop

P

·
0 Posts
It's not out of the question I will not even be here for delivery and may defer to ordering a 2015 sometime in July for a September delivery. With no future schedule possible I plan on planning on and towing is a big part of my plans.
Was thinking the same myself, especially since I was thinking about ordering it in May/June already. Might as well wait for the start of the 2015s and see what the refresh brings us.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was thinking the same myself, especially since I was thinking about ordering it in May/June already. Might as well wait for the start of the 2015s and see what the refresh brings us.
If this was a "normal" in-production truck like the gas 1500s when would the 2015s typically hit the dealers lots? October?

·
Registered
55 Posts
For what it's worth just read on another forum orders open Friday?? We will see supposedly the info comes from Ram

·
Registered
50 Posts
For what it's worth. I ordered mine on Dec. 23rd. (Canada). I was given a VON / VIN # and a D1 status with an estimated ship date of Jan 30th. I called my dealer yesterday and he said it hasn't been built yet. So ... I don't know what this means.

·
Registered
366 Posts
For what it's worth. I ordered mine on Dec. 23rd. (Canada). I was given a VON / VIN # and a D1 status with an estimated ship date of Jan 30th. I called my dealer yesterday and he said it hasn't been built yet. So ... I don't know what this means.
Now I don't know what anything means lol...I ordered Jan 8th and have none of that. VINs usually come when it's a rolling chassis

·
Registered
213 Posts
Apparently a VON and VIN are not the same. A VON # is issued when the truck is ordered and the VIN # when ready to start building and this is the VIN assigned to the truck. I also ordered on Dec 23 and when I last checked with my dealer on Jan 30, a VIN had not yet been assigned. The dealer had been told that each dealer might receive a stock order truck before customer ordered trucks like ours. He "thinks" mine will have a VIN assigned in Feb and be built with March delivery. I guess that's OK as we will be in Maui in March so hopefully it will be here when we return.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Apparently a VON and VIN are not the same. A VON # is issued when the truck is ordered and the VIN # when ready to start building and this is the VIN assigned to the truck. I also ordered on Dec 23 and when I last checked with my dealer on Jan 30, a VIN had not yet been assigned. The dealer had been told that each dealer might receive a stock order truck before customer ordered trucks like ours. He "thinks" mine will have a VIN assigned in Feb and be built with March delivery. I guess that's OK as we will be in Maui in March so hopefully it will be here when we return.
I was told that the pre-spec trucks limited in quantity and only those arrive before customer orders.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Cummins is 10 1/2 years old right now. It will be a bittersweet day to take on the new one knowing I will be parting with the old.

10 years is nothing when you have quality. I sure hope this new one is as good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts