RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
I get similar emails from a couple different dealers. It’s all a ploy to get you into the dealership to sell you something new. Unless you’re interested in doing that do as I do and ignore it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Tactic. Especially considering the "handwritten" note is actually a font style because all the like letters are perfectly identical. That drives me NUTS

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
Go ahead, I challenge you to get a decent offer on a vehicle with an open safety recall and no immediate solution. They don't want it. Can't sell it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This scam has been around for along time. I get several of these each year & quite often for a truck that I no longer own.

I'll bet the salesmen snicker to themselves every time someone presents one of these letters, because right then & there they know they've got you.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I usually get a "letter" from the salesman saying that his boss sent him a note like that. With the note also in the envelope, of course. For authenticity, of course. A horse is a horse.

·
Registered
786 Posts
sounds like all the robo calls I get offering to buy my house as is. One of these days, I'm going to actually talk to one of them and tell them that the first $750,000 takes it. House is worth about a third of that amount. I'd do the same with the truck offer. If someone really wants it, where's the $$$.

·
Registered
443 Posts
There is no such thing as a free puppy.

If they need your truck, ask them for a cash offer. Isn't that what the note is asking for, your truck?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Of course it's a sales tactic. I seriously doubt that was a hand written letter too. A dealer would go to hell to buy a vehicle before begging a customer to sell them one. I had a dealer send a car to auction and get less money rather than sell it to me with my offer which would have been too good a deal. It's an ego thing. Of course they turn a quick five grand profit on yours only to end up with a known customer who suddenly needs a vehicle so it's win/win for them no matter what/what.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was interested in selling my truck last summer and went to a dealer that advertised they'd buy my truck without having to buy a vehicle from them. There offer was $6000 below NADA trade-in value. They had all kinds of "data" to support their offer. What it would cost them to get it ready to sell, what the trucks were going for in the local market -complete BS.
But I did learn something, they're still the same snake-oil salesmen they always have been and when/if I buy from a dealer, new or used, I will be getting a significant discount!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Who cares if it's a "tactic" ?? There is no obligation on your part, so the only way it's going to work for the dealer is if you are weak-willed. Are you? If yes, then don't go. If you are a mentally strong person, then go play the game and see what happens.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I received an email like this from my selling dealer. Forwarded the email to the dealership General Manager asking...."You must think all of your customers are stupid?"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts