RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to say hello to all fellow Ram owners. I just bought a 2014 4x4 eco diesel. Bright white. No planning on going to nuts on my truck. Already have the Bilsteins for the front in the mail in the mail, to get the front end up, and doing the ProRyde rear spacers along with the Ext Res Bilsteins, carli suspension track bar drop.

So far I have installed a set of Tyger step bars, texture flares, a spectere drop in air filter, smooth transition tube to turbo, which made a good difference in sound, and a little bit in HP. Next on the looks dept will be a NFAB front pre runner light bar.

So far I have had the truck for about a month. It had 80xxx miles when I bought it. Looks like to previous owner barley drove it in the rain!!! LOL!!! Really clean..

I one thing I am really interested in, if someone can steer me in the right direction, is a Tuner. I can already see that this set up does not have to much support in tuning. Not interested in sending out the ECU. I will take some pics of it, and post them soon..

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
Welcome to the forum - first post.

You are going nuts with your mods already. Just maybe not too nuts. Looks don't get you home. A good tune that turns off the EGR and quiets the DEF system just might be the difference and a greater priority. Since your are stuck in California the options are maybe just one. SFT. Look it up. I am NOT recommending it but just being the second to alert you to that possibility. It seems to work and you do not remove your ECM to do it.

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
Welcome. Lots of valuable information here so make yourself at home and enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, being form this -----y state has become a pain in the ass. Good thing is, I have a friend that I can send tuners too, in Reno, haha! Power wise, I just want to get my torque numbers up a little bit more. With the research I have been doing, looks like I will more then likely go with the Banks set up. Can't go wrong with him.. And thanks for the welcome gents....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome to the site from the hot & humid Northeast corner of the country
Good luck with tuning and enjoy your new truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts