RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ecodiesel - Longhorn laramie crew 4x4 - SKT Tune
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm a new ECODIESEL owner from S.C., well new to me at least. I picked up a one owner 2014 CC Lariat Longhorn 4x4 with 62k on it. I figured I'd introduce myself the right way after hijacking my first thread.

Thank you to all who quickly helped me find out about my trucks recall status and maintenance history. My truck is still at the dealership, waiting on parts to repair issues found during inspection. They mentioned an oil leak and during the test drive it threw a CEL which they said was DPF related.

As far as recalls, Mopar.com says it's up to date except for the W58 recall, which gives me a good feeling about the maintenance of the truck.

As soon as I actually take possession of the truck, I want to open up the exhaust from DPF back, add a leveling kit, and hopefully find a nice GDE tune in our buy/ sell section.

Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys have a great forum. I am currently working as a project coordinator for a machine builder/ integrator with a crazy engineer, machinist, mechanic, CAD designer background.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good idea with the GDE tuning!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome. Delete delete delete I say lol. GDE did my tune and I am way up in Canada. You have been around Ford with your lariat remark lol. Laramie is Ram. Nice trucks but consider air bags if you plan on towing/hauling loads that make these things sag easy. The Cadillac ride is nice empty but restricts pick up usability above groceries and bicycles IMO. Every user is different so you may need nothing. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi: EngineerED... Take most of what you read here with a dose of salts!!! Remember this... These trucks aren't "Hemis". I really like mine and it's bone stock... but with air bags in the rear coils. Co-Vivid 19 has really cooled our towing!!!
P1040874.JPG

Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, and sorry for the Lariat, gotta love autocorrect!
Hi: EngineerED... Take most of what you read here with a dose of salts!!! Remember this... These trucks aren't "Hemis". I really like mine and it's bone stock... but with air bags in the rear coils. Co-Vivid 19 has really cooled our towing!!! View attachment 89196
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie
I've seen a lot of Canadians in here, and I saw quite a few ecodiesels on my recent trips to Canada. Covid sure put a damper on a lot of things, I ate many meals in a rental car or a motel room because of lockdowns. It took a lot of paperwork just to get into Canada!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got my new to me ED back from the dealer. I crawl up under it and it has a brand new SCR, DPF, flex pipe assembly, and a new EGR system. It was sluggish as hell until I put the SFT tune in it. I'm guessing the truck had a full delete and they had to replace it all because I already purchased it before they inspected it. I averaged 26.4 mpg on a 130 mile trip today with a mix of city/ highway, 40/60. I'm happy, engine is strong, trans shifts at 2100 rpm every gear and stays in 8th unless it drops below 1500 rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts