RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

So when I started up my ride this AM a new voice informs me that my "SD Card" is not available, "Please insert SD Card". Historically I have kept several lectures about subjects of interest on SD or MicroSD card. So I open the box and yes my SD Card is not pushed in. I push it in and it is not recognized or perhaps it is bad?

So I drive around listening to this voice making this request for duration of the errands. On returning to home base I procure another SD Card, format it ( usually in a camera, format for MSDOS 32 bit ), transfer a music file to it. Test again. No, as in not going there, no work.

For what it is worth the repetition is about 8-10 requests then a long pause then repeats. On turning off the engine & radio/media center the voice continues for awhile ( have not timed this, perhaps it is low power or just runs for few cycles of repetitions? ).

It does play over what ever is on the radio/media center has its on volume which is fixed I assume.

Stopped at the dealer, this particular "intake manager" had not heard this issue and no he did not know how I could reset my truck ( I had to ask ). So I made a appointment for the next morning ( todays estimate of 3 hours before being seen ) for SD Card "reset".

Did not find this on a search any suggestions, so this is new to me.

Terence

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Try pushing both radio buttons, Tuning and volume buttons , hold for 10 seconds. This worked for us many times to get the a$$ radio to reset and play the SD Card or Thumb Drive . Let us know if this works for you,

Reactions: EcoD

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try pushing both radio buttons, Tuning and volume buttons , hold for 10 seconds. This worked for us many times to get the a$$ radio to reset and play the SD Card or Thumb Drive . Let us know if this works for you,
Thanks. Yes & No.

Yes it reset something ( as in now I need re-pair my bluetooth devices, and the SD Card reader works ).

However the little voice is still telling me there is no SD Card, Please insert the SD Card. All the while the sample music on "SD Card" is playing.

So the dealer will get a visit and perhaps I will learn something about resetting my truck or not "SD Card" wise.

Will post what I find out later tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion it definitely reset the 8.4 non-Nav media center.

Terence

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Sometimes my card gets bumped and pops out but it never tells me until I push the SD button on the radio! Then it will only show on the screen "Insert SD Card" and never an audible warning. Maybe try reformatting using you computer/laptop and selecting NTFS not fat32 that is what was recommended to me when I was having problems getting the sd card to play.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
User/Operator Error ( again )

Greetings

My problem is not remembering everything.

Yes I had a SD Card fail, however I also has a micrSD Card fail about the same time and not realize this.

Dash cam uses microSD Card and I had wore it out to the point that the camera ( Blackvue DR650GW ) began metaphorically yelling at me,

Yes I did need to reset ( the push and hold technique ) so media center would recognize new SD Cards.

So when your SD Card fails for whatever reason the truck is unlikely to say anything, my talking accessories however will mention things....

Thanks for your time and the reset for media center.

Terence

1 - 6 of 6 Posts