RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heating and ventilation of my seats does not work on my 2014 1500 ecodiesel. Connectet to the laptop it works but not by itself.
Failurecode tells us it is a grounding-problem.
Before I start seeking out the wiring...is there any special parts in the system known to failure or do I have to start in one end and just work it through ?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Might help to explain why you're not just taking this to the dealership for warranty...it'll be asked.

Nothing in either of those two items is a known issue to date.

Could be grounding, could be a loose fuse. Confused my the laptop statement and you plugging it on, but it works on it's own...

Do you mean the 120 outlet on the dash is, or is not, working...?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might help to explain why you're not just taking this to the dealership for warranty...it'll be asked.

Nothing in either of those two items is a known issue to date.

Could be grounding, could be a loose fuse. Confused my the laptop statement and you plugging it on, but it works on it's own...

Do you mean the 120 outlet on the dash is, or is not, working...?

Well, the idea was to see if any of you knew if there was a common problem to the electric heating and ventilation of seats end heating of the wheel. The laptop is the computer with the diagnostic-equipment connected to modern cars :)
From the program it is possible to run the heating-system but disconectet it will not work.
I am sure the mechanics at the work-shop knows how to inspect wiring and sockets :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts